• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ravendawn - Development Thread

OP
OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

Ravendawn.Online | ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
meanwhile::::::
oiFXgRP.png

wORQgV4.png

sprites from tibia, terms & conditions copy pasted from albion online, main site stolen from fractured ??

will still be succesful server but this is kind of disgusting xD
Can you send me a sprite from tibia?

Ahilphino

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
Can you send me a sprite from tibia?

S8Q3smb.png

2 min work just checking from screenshot. theres ton's more find them yourself. maybe some spriter can make better comparision.

these sprites have all exact same outlines in ur "game", or u are telling me adding some filter or just changing colors around is making "all assets from the ground up"?

OP
OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

Premium User
Reaction score
S8Q3smb.png

2 min work just checking from screenshot. theres ton's more find them yourself. maybe some spriter can make better comparision.

these sprites have all exact same outlines in ur "game", or u are telling me adding some filter or just changing colors around is making "all assets from the ground up"?
Ohhh okay so you're saying our barrels look similar to their barrels. Sorry I misunderstood you saying we had their barrels ingame.

Appreciate the feedback and kind words :) we didn't expect 1/10th as crazy of the response we've had, never could of imagined 21,000 discord members already.

Keru

Entrepreneur
Solutions
Reaction score
S8Q3smb.png

Can you show me the Ravendawn sprite for comparison?
Nonetheless, you are working with limited space 32*32, 64*64 pixels. Similarities are bound to happen.

Regardless Cipsofts started with ultima's why can't Ravendawn do the same?pretty sure zenzenia and phobos did the same...

Also you are telling me that they should be sorry for using the wheel and not inventing it?
At this point in time everything has been invented you just have to make it roll...

Ahilphino

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
Regardless Cipsofts started with ultima's why can't Ravendawn do the same?pretty sure zenzenia and phobos did the same...

ofcourse they can. i don't see much issue with that, the thing is going out of your way trying to say that everything is made from the ground up is just straight up lying and really bad behaviour. you have more example than just the sprites above like the engine. for sprites somebody should take the time to make a proper comparison

anyways. lying works in this industry just look at cyberpunk and no mans sky and if he was honest probably this project wouldnt be as big. so props to knighter

Keru

Entrepreneur
Solutions
Reaction score
ofcourse they can. i don't see much issue with that, the thing is going out of your way trying to say that everything is made from the ground up is just straight up lying and really bad behaviour. you have more example than just the sprites above like the engine. for sprites somebody should take the time to make a proper comparison

anyways. lying works in this industry just look at cyberpunk and no mans sky and if he was honest probably this project wouldnt be as big. so props to knighter
To me it just looks like you are trying to undermine knighters team work, would love to see yours! <3

To living phoenix team you guys should of have come more clear, and say that you started as an alternative tibia server but decided to make it a whole different thing to make it more clear, regardless I love it and will still try it out :)

OP
OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

Premium User
Reaction score
Hehe just check his post history mate. For years he's posted hate on all our threads. We're quite used to it :) at times it's fair and warranted, at times I think he's just trying to cope through lashing out. He will praise a project known for stealing from within the community then attack us. Again he's just got alot to cope for. It really doesn't bother us, he's become a mascot to us at this point :)

Appreciate your kind words though, but no need <3
To me it just looks like you are trying to undermine knighters team work, would love to see yours! <3

To living phoenix team you guys should of have come more clear, and say that you started as an alternative tibia server but decided to make it a whole different thing to make it more clear, regardless I love it and will still try it out :)

oen432

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Oen44
Hehe just check his post history mate. For years he's posted hate on all our threads. We're quite used to it :) at times it's fair and warranted, at times I think he's just trying to cope through lashing out. He will praise a project known for stealing from within the community then attack us. Again he's just got alot to cope for. It really doesn't bother us, he's become a mascot to us at this point
Your threads? This guy does nothing but hates on every single freaking thread on this forum. Whenever I see that he posted, I just ignore it, wish I could hide his posts entirely, oh well...

OP
OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

Premium User
Reaction score
Your threads? This guy does nothing but hates on every single freaking thread on this forum. Whenever I see that he posted, I just ignore it, wish I could hide his posts entirely, oh well...
True, tbh I dont look a ton at other threads in the last couple years (partially because of this), but it doesn't surprise me. For some it's the only way they can escape their reality. Again we've learnt long ago he just needs to do it, and if we can be one of his many vents to cope, it's all good. Just a reminder to be thankful we're not in that situation.

More On Topic - We broke 6,000 forum users today :) which is quite exciting only a couple weeks after opening it!

drakylucas

Solutions
Reaction score
Yep! Thanks for the kind words <3
Great to know!
Personally I don't mind if your game uses your own engine or not (most 3d games uses the same engine (unity / unreal), why shouldn't you use TFS which is very powerful for 2d 45° MMOs? Haha)
You and your team are doing an amazing game! I really hope it will be successful and, depending on advertisement, even beat Tibia in the future (long time).

I'm truly loving this development thread! I don't know if I'll play (because I don't have enough time to engage in any mmorpg :/) but surely I will follow the news on this game!

iNux

Reaction score
I'm curious about why it seems as if everything is put in the same size, mountains are as "high" as the player height. Is this intended? Otherwise, I'm really amazed at the work and how beautiful everything looks! Great work, honestly.

OP
OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

Premium User
Reaction score
I'm curious about why it seems as if everything is put in the same size, mountains are as "high" as the player height. Is this intended? Otherwise, I'm really amazed at the work and how beautiful everything looks! Great work, honestly.
Thanks a ton! Honestly, this was due to size creep. We really were unsatisfied with the small cipsoft style outfit, and wanted to make ours larger to allow for more detail and customization, of course this made certain assets feel slightly off in sizing. Something not many notice, but a keen eye does ;)

Appreciate the kind words :)

Additionally; we have updated our Terms of Service with a new one drafted for specifically us.

RavendawnVic

Reaction score
In addition to helping create unique builds for your character, the artwork of Ravencards are designed for you to remember unique moments of your journey in Ravendawn. How about a sneak peek at a few more cards that you can have in your in-game collection?
CARDS.png

Alpha

Relentless
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
In addition to helping create unique builds for your character, the artwork of Ravencards are designed for you to remember unique moments of your journey in Ravendawn. How about a sneak peek at a few more cards that you can have in your in-game collection?
View attachment 58436
Necromancery -> Necromancy