• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ravendawn - Development Thread

WAkeAndBake

Banned User
Reaction score
You have to get alpha key - i think diamond pack which costs 118 Dollars to play on tomorrows Alpha 1 Phase.
Btw dude didnt even open the game yet and already made goal of 75.000$ Now imagine when they open it Good luck with this project.
Vs what todays OTS Scene looks like, All the rest of you developers (copy pasters) You can now go back to your average jobs. This thing is gonna end scene of tibia.

Ahilphino

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
You have to get alpha key - i think diamond pack which costs 118 Dollars to play on tomorrows Alpha 1 Phase.
Btw dude didnt even open the game yet and already made goal of 75.000$ Now imagine when they open it Good luck with this project.
Vs what todays OTS Scene looks like, All the rest of you developers (copy pasters) You can now go back to your average jobs. This thing is gonna end scene of tibia.

Regular popular ots makes far more than 75000$ ;)

SCREECH

Banned User
Reaction score
Where are the source files? I mean, this is open source community so you have to share all the files. 🤪
"But it's not an OTserver, it's fully custom with a custom engine, no OTs or Tibia files at all!"

According to their reddit posts~

If you think that THIS and THOSE numbers are going to "end Tibia"....then I'm sorry to say but you need to educate yourself a little more. A simple google will show you they make hundreds of thousands a year STILL. Ravendawn DEFINITELY had the potential to beat out Tibia but they screwed the pooch a little too hard. If they held if back, re-did it into an actual game and ditched the OT side, made sure everything was cohesive (like fully animated characters fighting alongside simple 2 step animated monsters); there will never be a good reason to sacrifice quality over anything but "LPE" will constantly give reasons "why they dropped this or that" for the "good of the server" or to "get it to you guys faster."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

Ravendawn.Online | ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
"But it's not an OTserver, it's fully custom with a custom engine, no OTs or Tibia files at all!"

According to their reddit posts~
It's really flattering you post more on our projects thread, than your own. That in itself is very telling :)

Paszq

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Ravendawn DEFINITELY had the potential to beat out Tibia but they screwed the pooch a little too hard. If they held if back, re-did it into an actual game and ditched the OT side, made sure everything was cohesive (like fully animated characters fighting alongside simple 2 step animated monsters); there will never be a good reason to sacrifice quality over anything but "LPE" will constantly give reasons "why they dropped this or that" for the "good of the server" or to "get it to you guys faster."
Ok, I know that you might like the project, keep reading about it and wait for its release... but this is borderline delusional. This project looks great, but it's insanely niche. Cipsoft has almost 100 employees, had over 25 million euro revenue in 2020 alone, and has a game with over 15k players online average every single day. Expecting that additional detail to animation would make it an actual competitor to Tibia is just madness. It would have to become an insane worldwide craze, and realistically speaking - this never had a chance of happening due to the nature of the project. A clunky 2D MMO with mechanics familiar only to those that played Tibia - a has-been from 15 years ago, only really big in Brazil, Sweden, and Poland. If you take a look at current gaming trends, it is not something vast majority would even consider checking out for free.

Again, I am not dismissing the work which has been done on Ravendawn (because it really is impressive), but there's a ton of talkative people here, most of whom have no idea what they are talking about at all.

SCREECH

Banned User
Reaction score
Ok, I know that you might like the project, keep reading about it and wait for its release... but this is borderline delusional. This project looks great, but it's insanely niche. Cipsoft has almost 100 employees, had over 25 million euro revenue in 2020 alone, and has a game with over 15k players online average every single day. Expecting that additional detail to animation would make it an actual competitor to Tibia is just madness. It would have to become an insane worldwide craze, and realistically speaking - this never had a chance of happening due to the nature of the project. A clunky 2D MMO with mechanics familiar only to those that played Tibia - a has-been from 15 years ago, only really big in Brazil, Sweden, and Poland. If you take a look at current gaming trends, it is not something vast majority would even consider checking out for free.

Again, I am not dismissing the work which has been done on Ravendawn (because it really is impressive), but there's a ton of talkative people here, most of whom have no idea what they are talking about at all.
I said "Like"....

I know exactly what I'm talking about; it's called paying attention to the little details. And yes, this is always something that ALWAYS goes a long way with overall game quality, your image as a dev team (that shows that they will not settle for less and only release what they know is the best they can release).

But there, I guess I had to detail it out for some people like you who can't seem to read the lines right.

RavendawnVic

Reaction score
Yesterday was a very special day for our team. 6 Hour Alpha Day with no issues, no crashes, no lag, smooth. Your messages mean so much to us and we cannot thank you enough for seeing our hard work on this project. We feel so proud to be able to share it with you (and only 2-3% of the game so far being shared). We cannot wait to share it all with you over the coming months.
😍

Much love from our team, and thank you so much for everyone's support and sharing Ravendawn with their friends and gaming groups.
Update; Thank you so much for all those getting their own Diamond Packs & Cosmetic Addons today to support us further, this goes such a long way to strengthening the project and our team behind it.
😍

(Also, we're 30% of the way to the Bestiary Stretch Goal!)

123.png

SCREECH

Banned User
Reaction score
Posted this in their cord, but I feel it should be mentioned here too, but will do a more in depth review elsewhere after the full launch~

I've only clocked around 7 hours of the Alpha, but I'm already enjoying Ravendawn more than any MMO since the golden ages of $htsoft 7.6.
It looks amazing but most importantly looks unique, sets it apart from every other game in this perspective; plays great, could get some easy tweaking to make it even better; the pace is almost perfect, combat could be tuned to be faster/slightly more engaging, but it's still way more enjoyable the competing giant in my honest opinion.

Knowing what's on the schedule to be dropped as the phases open, I'm already looking forward to further improvements and additions.
This should definitely be a banger 👍

Paszq

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
I said "Like"....

I know exactly what I'm talking about; it's called paying attention to the little details. And yes, this is always something that ALWAYS goes a long way with overall game quality, your image as a dev team (that shows that they will not settle for less and only release what they know is the best they can release).

But there, I guess I had to detail it out for some people like you who can't seem to read the lines right.

Yes, you said "like" and gave an example of an incredibly minor improvement from today's point of view. Nothing of that scope would change much.

Tibia still rides its nostalgia wave and habitual players, it passed critical mass of playercount. What I meant is that this project (and I repeat - it is impressive from development side) never stood a chance against it. Its best case scenario is a couple of orders of magnitude below Cipsoft's worst case scenario. From player's point of view, the size of dev team or the work they put in is completely irrelevant - the only thing that matters is the final result.

OP
OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

Ravendawn.Online | ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
DEV_NOTS9.png

Welcome to Developer Updates #9!

Alpha 2 has been pretty cool, hasn’t it? Tell us on the Discord server: what did you like the most? Was it your first Moa, the new redesigned wagon or the fun of fishing a lobster?

Watching all of you sailing, sharing the fishes you've caught and hatching your first Moa egg is an exciting privilege. While you are engaged in these activities with your friends (or watching someone playing Ravendawn), the team is working hard not only fixing bugs, but also on the next Alpha! We are sure you will have just as much fun with the next Alpha phases and mechanics that will be added, mainly because Gold Supporters will join us on this adventure too!

We will only have a few more days of Alpha 2 (it's for a good reason), but we promise that cool teasers will be posted so you can see what's new. Let's check out the updates of the last two weeks!

General.png
  • Added Infamy System (you can check the new Devblog here)
  • Added PvP & No-PvP Region System
  • Added the possibility to disable weather effects
  • Added a new passive ‘Devout Healer’ to replace ‘Halo’
  • Added two new Infusions Stones
  • Added Fishing range
  • Added mana cost progression depending on the character level
  • Increased the amount of Infamy gained by killing a lower level player (10 per level difference)
  • Worked on several changes for Gathering System
  • Now the wagons can't be targetted by creatures

UI Design.png
  • Added improvements to Ravencards interface (easier to read their effects now)
  • Added arrows on Infusion tab (to improve usability)
  • Updated icons for Fishing

Art.png
  • Created new Wagon and its variations (to replace the old ones)
  • Created NPCs Prison Guard and Prison Warden
  • Created towers for Goblin Workshop
  • Created variations for several fruits, vegetables and sugar canes
  • Created vegetables and tree beds
  • Created new Bush Tree, Banana Tree and several tree size variations
  • Created animation for some animals (little pigs and sheeps, for example)
  • Created new animation for barrel explosion
  • Created new cannon
  • Created Disembodied Soul animation
  • Created Soup Kettle

Fixed Bugs.png
  • Skillpoints are now working properly (reseted points from characters with wrong numbers)
  • Mounts now are working properly with 25% chance to dismount when in combat with creatures
  • Warehouses now properly recognize the Tradepacks when mounted and on the wagon
  • Weather effects now doesn’t appear inside structures and caves
  • Equipping/unequipping and the command to craft a Tradepack are now working properly
  • The HP now properly keeps the same after relogging with CTRL + Q
  • Profession’s interface now properly updates after reaching a new level
  • Resources to craft Tradepacks now properly stacks on inventory
  • The inventory now properly changes when changing between different characters
  • Players now can drop Tradepacks and Fishpacks even if the wagon is full
  • Ship attributes now properly appear when the player is not on the sea too
  • The ‘Unstuck’ option is properly disabled while in PvP combat
  • Docking markings are now working properly
  • Now the players properly lose the Murderer status after being killed by a creature
  • Fixed total HP being recalculated every time after relogging
  • Fixed the possibility to start fishing when you are already playing the minigame
  • Fixed Goblin Bomber Dropped Tradepacks on Sajecho Island
  • Fixed weather effects flashing on the screen
  • Fixed several non-walkable SQMs
  • Fixed some words not appearing correctly on dialogues
  • Ships now have the correct description
  • Warfare starting legs now are Soulbound
  • The NPC Casper now properly gives the correct dialogue for ‘Swamp Fever’

We are not kidding when we say our art team is amazing! Look at the difference between an old tree and a brand new tree!
Reminder: the quality is lower because it was slightly resized to avoid ripping.

RDtrees.png

RavendawnVic

Reaction score
Trick or treat?! Are you ready for Halloween?

Around here, we prefer tricks! That’s why we have decided to liven things up a bit and bring a Halloween event to this wonderful community 一 with unique prizes and opportunities!

If you wish to win a 1 Gold Supporter Pack + Discord Role + 1 Exclusive Halloween Pumpkin Plushie, please access the following link and unleash your creativity!
We are excited to read your stories: [EVENT] Halloween on Ravendawn (https://forum.ravendawn.online/threads/event-halloween-on-ravendawn.605/)

win a gol supporter pack!.png