• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Really need help with my Server

Isnal

Reaction score
So.. i'm using a server of Eldin, the 8.31 server but that doesnt matter in this case.

The problem is, i dont know whats wrong with my server computer, its a dedicated server which is located at a friends place, so i work on the server computer with Remotedesktop and FTP.
The server computer was working fine, like 2 months or so, then suddenly it went crazy.. from time to time it doesnt accept any connection to the server computer (cannot connect with remotedesktop, cannot watch the homepage of my server, people cannot login) BUT! the people who are already logged in can play, IF they die.. they cannot relog on their character.
Even if my friend (where the computer is located) reboots the computer, it doesnt change anything, but then suddenly after a while, the connections can be made again.. and then after a while it is impossibile to connect >.<

One thing is, my friend (where the server computer is located) can connect with remotedesktop to the server, but people from outside cannot.

My friend told me that there's no firewall on his router.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me

Hmm, there might be an option, download a TFS Server (the latest one that supports 8.31), put the eldinworld map into it and then change everything in config.lua, and then start the server. When I download the EldinWorld Server, my virus program tells me it is a virus, a trojan horse Win32 (Which is mostly harmless), but the TFS doesn't show virus at all, and in fact my virus program is kinda expensive, so that'd be an option for ya! ;) Hope it helped. :) Otherwise, check your firewall & router to see if there aren't anything wrong with them.

Hmm, there might be an option, download a TFS Server (the latest one that supports 8.31), put the eldinworld map into it and then change everything in config.lua, and then start the server. When I download the EldinWorld Server, my virus program tells me it is a virus, a trojan horse Win32 (Which is mostly harmless), but the TFS doesn't show virus at all, and in fact my virus program is kinda expensive, so that'd be an option for ya! ;) Hope it helped. :) Otherwise, check your firewall & router to see if there aren't anything wrong with them.

thats pure bullshit. its not like using eldinworld would fuck up his remote control.
my tip is if you don't want to format your computer, download adaware and let it make a full scan sometimes it removes so much shit that your computer starts working again but theres a low chance on that. the only option I see is formatting

thats pure bullshit. its not like using eldinworld would fuck up his remote control.

If the virus would really effect his internet, and he could possible have infringements, then yes it'd go through his remote desk and it'd be effected too.. But also, he mentioned that the players can be still logged in, but if they die or relog, they cannot login again. Think again of what you said, learn something and then come back. Many doubts I have about your sentences right now. And the server is still on another computer, and not on his.

so you say the reason why he can't connect with his remote control is the virus that is effecting his internet? I highly doubt that if the internet is fucked up players can't connect but that's your opinion.

I think EldinWorld isnt the reason, because i've had a TFS 0.3 for tibia client 8.11, it worked 2 months with this server, then suddenly the problem (alrdy mentioned) appeared and so i decided to take another server, a new one.. EldinWorld for 8.31.

My friend made a virus scan and in the first 50 objects.. the scan found 4 infected datas, when the scan was finished i tried it again.
Server went well untill now, thought the problem was solved finally... thought wrong. The problem still exists.

I really dont know what do to >.<

Ive been working on this for two days. One thing is for sure, Eldinworld.exe or w/e the file it is thats the actual server that u click on to start up, IS or DOES CONTAIN a VIRUS, or something that most antivirus software atleast THINK is a virus. I just did a scan and everytime it gets erased, I have to add it exceptions for the antivirus software to leave it. It still doesnt work. I did portforward 100% correctly, I did everything 100% how i did it the 1st time, still doesnt work. BTW this all started when my ISP changed my IP address. I called them and they said it changes for me every 2 days or so. Now I can log on to my server locally, but my friend sitting right next to me on the same Network,Cant connect? and all the people that used to play on the server cant log on cuz my ip is different than what they think, and even if they did have the right ip, they still wouldnt be abel to log on lol. weird huh.

Please help me i ahve no clue what 2 do next.
Thanks Vlad.
Hell Server.