• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Recruiting Team, Programmers "Paid labor" or "Team position", Mappers "Team position" only at this moment

Keru

Entrepreneur
Solutions
Reaction score
23m95w6.jpg
Agathor...
I started this idea somewhere around 10 years ago but I was just a kid with a hobby who got interested in mapping, and made a decently mapped world but never got around to the core of what i wanted to accomplish somewhere along the time the idea became a project that I wanted to complete but with zero knowledge on programming it became a real hassle and was prompt to fail miserably.
2 year ago I came back after a long hiatus with tibia related stuff and with a new perspective after MMO hooping, I also came back with some money yo try and do what I couldn't back then and it was going rather well got to get some of the things I wanted done but my GPU died on me and with it all the impulse I had accumulated.
couple of months ago I upgraded my system and been MMO hooping again but tibia or top down games always bring some nostalgia to me...
So here we are again lets hope for good.

TL;DR: I'm back trying to build a server.

So what is Agathor?
Agathor is going to be a server with a different approach to the genre, Is a world with a world in a state of peace after the creation by the three God Child.
Galadriel, Othello, Elenium... consequentially the three capitals are named after them.
they are the sons and daughter of the creator who went in to a deep slumber and left everything to them to manage...

What is your aim with this?
Create a server that is fun, and entertaining.
Fun for me at least, is a server where I have places to discover, hiding secrets, lore to read, good pvm/team play, some degree of PvP.

How are you different than this or that server/game?
Agathor is not going to reinvent the wheel, I will take ideas from different games, servers, anime, mangas and players.
I will try to aim for a player driven game, but keeping the core ideas from me.

What are your core ideas?
-No Pay 2 Win
-Exploring
-Puzzles
-low exp
-Attributes
-Jobs/professions
-Anything and everything
-NO TP Rooms(but forms of transportation)

this is mostly it will try to expand depending on more questions later on.

So my aim to create this rather non-sense is to recruit others who have more knowledge than me in different or same areas and try to form a team.
I'm not a greedy person and I'm not looking to create a server where I will live off of it, so what will happen with what ever money the server make if any...
I want to keep the game expanding and for that we will need to use the money:
-Expand
-scripts
-maps
-server/host

so in short the money will go to the development of the server in which whoever is helping me will be getting that.

Also I understand that most of us want money, and don't care to join a team. I will also post in this thread contracted labor that whoever join me would have access if its not interested for the long run.

if you are interested please contact me either here in this thread, PM me, or discord Keru#0971

Past Posts and related Link1 link 2
11joglz.jpg

97126d64f595c38b468690e6a5fdce52.gif

sqSFAwrVGR.gif

hqtEIYPkpd.gif

IO5bzsamxI.gif

Last edited:
1. Skills & Attributes
1.1 Change skills to Masteries
The masteries will not display levels but instead will be divided in brackets and will be divided like so:​
E < D < C < B < A < S
with [ E ] being beginner/lowest and [ S ] highest/Master.​
[ S ] 100+​
[ A ] 99-95​
[ B ] 94-79​
[ C ] 78-43​
[ D ] 42-11​
[ E ] 10-1​
Masteries:
Combat:
  • Sword
    latest
  • Blunt34408
  • Axe34409
  • Dagger
    latest
  • Archery*
  • Throwing*
  • Shield34410
  • Fire
  • Earth
  • Water
  • Air
  • Light
  • Darkness
*Thinking on tweaking those two, Instead of Archery to have Bows and Crossbows, and with Throwing; somehow fit Stars, Darts(Throwing knifes), and Spears, but I'm most divided here since I was thinking on chaining spears for a weapon with 2 Range and more like a long melee weapon with the ability to throw it.
Non-Combat:
  • Mining
    Dwarven_Pickaxe.gif
  • Farming
    Scythe.gif
  • Woodcutting
    Axe.gif
  • Blacksmithing
    Anvil.gif
  • Cooking
  • Alchemy
  • Skinning

1.2 Attributes
Players will level up and receive points to distribute among the following:​
  • Strength
    • Will affect your physical damage and increase your weight carrying.
  • Agility
    • Will affect your dodge, long distance damage and movement speed.
  • Intelligence
    • Will affect your magic damage.
  • Vitality
    • Health increase.
  • Wisdom
    • Mana increase.
  • Endurance
    • Increment resistance [limit 40%]
  • Prospection
    • This will impact on loot drop chance and what can be dropped.
  • Luck
    • Critical chance(+ 150% of damage)[limit 40%]
At level 1 players will receive certain amount to distribute and with each level up they will get more.​
I need the ability to reset the Attributes by Item, NPC and Command.​
1.3 Prospection (PP)​
Changing the looting system to be affected and governed by this Attribute.​
monsters will have a drop/loot list and each item will have a required PP to be able to drop it.​
PP can be added by players in parties if both fight together.​
Monster list ex
item, PP, chance​
monster core, 5, .99
This means that if player does not have at least 5 PP he will never get the item even though it has a 99% chance to drop.​
Players in Party and "Shared Active Exp" will be able to have their cumulative PP added together to get a chance to drop harder items.​
ex
Three players Party together and have SAE
Player 1 has 5 PP
Player 2 has 10 PP
player 3 has 3 PP
18 PP for the Party
And they kill a goblin whos drop list looks like this:​
monster core, 5, .99
monster big core, 15, .5
goblin fang, 20, .2
This means they can drop "monster core" and "big core", but not "goblin fang" because their cumulative PP is not enough.​
2. Rating & Drop Randomly Generated
2.1 Rating​
Equipment Items will have a label to them that will be know as Rating, this will increment their stats and unlock certain tiers of extra attributes, more on this with the examples.​
Ratings:​
Normal < Rare < Epic < Legendary
Ratings chances​
.6 < .25 < .14 < .01
2.2 DRG​
Equipment in items files will have Values for them to be randomize at the time of dropping, Meaning different of the same items will exist.​
items.xml(example not actual layouts or numbers)​
Rich (BB code):
sword​
Attack 1-5, [ N ]​
Defense 1-2, [ N ]​
Strength 2-3, [ N ]​
Vitality 1-3, [ R ]​
PP 5, [ E ]​
Attack +2, [ L ]​
,​
this means that a "Legendary perfect sword" would be:​
Rich (BB code):
sword Attack 5+ 2, Defense 2​
Strength 3​
Vitality 3​
PP 5​
2. Combat
2.1. Defense & Armor​
looking to change the combat formula to give meaning to equipment.​
I need the mechanic of melee damage to be something similar to this:​
atrackers​
attack stat = Atk
critical chance stat = Crit
random(1-5) = multiplier
Atk * multipler = n.damage
Atk * (1.5(multiplier)) = c.damage
player​
Agility stat = Dodge​
(weapon + shield) + shield attribute = Defense​
Head + body +legs + boots = Armor​
when you are going to receive a melee hit it will go through your dodge and if no dodge, it will proceed to defense, if the attackers Atk is higher than the Def of the player it will be able to break your defense then it will be lowered by it what ever is left that breaks your defense is left and then your armor will mitigate some of the damage or all of it.​
player has 10 Agility, 10 defense and 5 armor​
attacker has 11 Atk, .01 crit, multiplier 5​
this means that if Dodge is not activated the attacker will go through the defense of the player after breaking the shield so,​
11-10= 1​
1*5= 5​
5-5= 0​
so even tho the attack was not Dodge or blocked the armor mitigated the damage.​
Subject to change and improve but basic idea.​
2.2 weapons​
wepons will have attack speed attributes that will impact on players attack speed either add to it or lower it​
.6 attack per second standar player​
and 2.5 attacks per second max​
[n]sword atk 3 def 1 strength 2 attack speed .10​
weapons damage will be affected by attributes not only masteries/skills​
example.​
[n]sword atk 3 def 1 strength 2 attack speed .10​
will inflict damage by sword masterie and strength attribute.​
but for example​
[n]bow atk 10 def 1 agility 3 attack speed .3​
will inflict damage by archery agility and strength/2​
need lots of testing here and expand.​
2.3 Spells​
need to add casting and combo chains.​
casting is as simple as you start your ability then after X time the ability is thrown.​
for combos I want to add for when you are casting one ability that has a chain to it you can use another spell before throwing it to make a combo and trigger a diferent spell that it would not be possible other wise.​
emeber (fire)[basically exori flam)​
2 seconds to cast​
if before the two secones you cast​
Wave (air)[version of flam hur but with air attributes)​
the spell will evolve to something like a flat hur​
its just long casting persay but it would be intereating i will create the combos just need help woth the casting and chains[/B]​

Last edited:
Tryed adding you on Discord but
Sent a PM instead

Try with capital "K" it should work.

---Edit

Recruiting Team Members and Paid programmer positions.

If you don't have an interest in a team position I posted what I need help to develop and accomplish, if you are interested and know to make it happen Post it here or PM me with the cost, and time to accomplish.

At this moment, I'm not in a position to hire any mappers for a paid position. Help would be appreciated but NOT PAID at the moment, in the near future most definitely will need to expand and then will look more into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great idea, keep it going
Bumping up

bumpidy dump
Progress @oen432 and me are working on collaboration to get works done.

Check out this thread for cast and combo spells

Back