• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Red square vanish on change target

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Hi! I open this thread to ask the following. My red target square is vanishing (sometimes) when I change the target. I don't know if this error belongs to OTC or server sources. I'm using this OTClient repo and OTX 3.8. To explain me better, I reproduced the bug in a video, and posted in the OTC thread (on the attached post you can see which solutions I tried and failed). Another important thing, I am 90% sure that this only happens if I have battle channel closed.

Hope someone can help me with this, I don't know where the error is comming from so is better to ask, maybe it is related to something simple, or to sources 🤔 Thanks in advance, Regards!

Last edited:
Solution
Just a remark, the old battle module was revamped because it sucked and the FPS drop was INSANE.
Honestly it's been a long time since I did this PR and I've been out of the Tibia World for some time now, I doubt I'll have the time or the will to download it all again just to find where is the line to add the updateBattleButton.

Ideally someone else could/should check this, I'm actually disappointed that the first feedback I got in this huge revamp only came now, almost 1 year later.

PS: Found the explanation post I did in OTC 1.0 thread.
this is a bug that occurs when there are many actions on the screen with a 200% render scale

@Mehah @Night Wolf Here is the outcome with 100% render scale, you're right the perfomance is much better. I did the first record with this battle module (old). The second has been done with mehah's repository battle.lua.

• The yellow screen is not shown anymore in both tests.
  • In the end of the video, there's a high FPS drop when attacking while an error is shown in terminal.

@ralke I did two versions of my battle module, one of them was working fine, the other was an attempt to improve it even further had this remove creature issue and in the end was not really a good improvement at all.

I have only published the first to Mehah Otclient, so this can means two things:
  • perhaps he mistakenly cherry picked the 'improved' version from my repo and brought the error along with it
  • perhaps the code had an error all along that was not identified before.

In both cases we would need to review the code

I tested it and everything is working correctly, make sure you are using all the original modules in the repository.

evidence:

Last edited:
I tested it and everything is working correctly, make sure you are using all the original modules in the repository.

evidence:
Hmm ok, I will stay with the old module
this is a bug that occurs when there are many actions on the screen with a 200% render scale
NightWolf said:
the old battle module was revamped because it sucked and the FPS drop was INSANE.
By disabling render scale option and set it permanently to 100% the FPS drop won't be triggered. This solves the thread for me.
I don't know why the new module is not working, must be because I use another protocol (8.60)

Thanks for the help
Regards!

Back