• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia Remere's MapEditor (Up-to-Date)

fenomenoide

Reaction score
Up to Date RME MapEditor
Here I will be changing download link and Change Logs and such information.

Do you miss any DLL File? Download from these website its totaly secured www.dll-files.com.

Editor has been updated to version 1.0.2a. Scroll down for a list of changes.

THIS IS FOR BOTH 8.0 AND 8.1
The map will be loaded in it's original format, if you want to change version, go to map properties and change client version from 8.0 to 8.1.

If you have any issues, please read the README before asking questions. It's there to help!

Download link: http://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=212916

Credits goes to Jiddo, for being faithful tester since the very, very first version. Heliton for making the wonderful icons, and, in no special order, Silent Reaper, GriZzm0, Asprate, LooSiK, nfries88 and more for helping remere find bugs. Oh, and to remere! For coding it all!

Change Log
v1.0.2a:
  • Numerous bugfixes
  • Minimap window added
  • "Randomize map" & "Randomize selection" no longer removes aid/uid
  • If a creature is outside the spawn radius when loaded, a new spawn will be created
  • Editor now supports both 8.1 & 8.0, you can switch using the Map Properties menu
  • You can now switch the function of the center and right mouse buttons
  • Improvements to materials, added jungle doodads, included some of Dark Master's & Devil Boy's extensions...
  • Added an "untouchable" classification for walls, these will not be re-randomized
  • When removing a door the tile below will now be "wallized".
  • "Others" and "NPCs" tilesets will now always display
  • Item 459 & 460 renders correctly now.
  • Fixed a crashbug with "Select Creature"
  • The House Palette sizebar now works correctly.
  • Most doodad brushes will now not place themselves on one tile two times, you can overrule this behaviour by holding down ALT or change on_duplicate in the materials file
  • You can now "replace draw" with ground brushes, hold down ALT and drag, you will only replace tiles of the same type as the one you started drawing on.
1.0.1b
  • Stackables are now placed with default count 1, not 255
  • You can no longer give runes more than 250 charges
  • Less warnings when loading 8.1 files
  • Editor does not crash when extension directory is unavailable
  • Source updated to work with x64 (Thanks mips_act)

1.0.1a
  • Materials Extensions are now available!
  • New file structure
  • You can inverse mouse movement in the settings menu
  • You can now change brushsize using ALT+mousewheel or '[' and ']'
  • Alternate keyboard shortcuts for some stuff
  • A floor menu
  • Editor will now create screenshot directory if it doesn't exist
  • Improvments to load bar
  • You can now rotate items using the right-click menu.
  • Editor will now properly warn for non-8.0 .dat/.spr
  • Brushes that are not in the palette will no longer display as choices when right clicking
  • README & COPYING are now .txt files so they're easier to read
  • Jump to item will now scroll to the selected item (Credits to SimOne :)
  • Cleaned up materials loading code
  • Turning on/off autobordering is now only A, not CTRL+A
  • Better about dialog
  • The OK button in the "Jump to item" dialog now actually works
  • Screenshot directory is now created if it doesn't exist
  • The editor will no longer save incorrect -spawn & -house files for newly-created maps
  • Better display of warnings from the materials file
  • Jump to item now doesn't just end up in the creature palette
  • Brushes that are not displayed in the palette are no longer available as options when right-clicking
  • The editor will no longer ask about saving automaticly created maps
GriZzm0 said:
Ask your questions in here if you don't know how to use the editor and we'll answer them. ;]

Hotkeys
Q: How do I change floor?
A: Use the "+" and "-" keys at your keyboard or hold down CTRL and scroll with the mouse wheel.

Q: How do I rotate items?
A: Use the "z" and "x" keys at your keyboard.

Q: How do I zoom in and out?
A: Use your scroll-wheel or the / and * buttons on the numpad. You can reset zoom by holding down ctrl and clicking the center mouse button.

Q: How do I take a screenshot?
A: You can take a screenshot by pressing F11 anytime you have a map open.

Q: Is there any way to move around on the map easier than using the scrolls?
A: Yes, hold down mouse3 (scroll-wheel button) and move your mouse.

Q: Can I set my own hotkeys?
A: Yes, when you have a brush selected, press CTRL + any of the numkeys (0-9) (at the top of the keyboard, not the numpad) to set that brush to a specific hotkey. Hit just the numkey to recall the same brush.

Houses
Q: How do I erase house tiles/PZ?
A: You can erase with any brush by holding down the CTRL key and drawing. (Shift still works as normal)

Q: What are all those water splashes near my houses?
A: The house exit is displayed as a water splash to notify you where the house exit is located.

Q: How do I add houses? The "Add house" button ain't click-able.
A: You'll need to add a town to your map (map->edit towns) before you can add houses then just use the house palette.

Not yet categorized
Q: How do I drag with the brush/selection tool like in the video?
A: Hold down shift and drag with the mouse.

Q: How do I use the erase tool?
A: Select the erase tool in the "tools" section.
If you just click the left mouse button you'll only remove items at the current position.
If you hold down ctrl while clicking with the left mouse button you'll delete both items and ground tiles.
If you hold down shift and the left mouse button you can select an area of where you want to delete all items.
If you hold down ctrl, shift and the left mouse button you can select an area of where you want to delete all items and all ground tiles.
Unless you uncheck the option "Eraser leaves unique items" in the preferences menu the eraser will not delete containers with items in them or items with unique and/or action id.

Q: I can't find a certain item, where is it?
A: You can find all items using the "Raw Palette" or search for it by pressing "J" (Jump to item) on your keyboard. You can search for both item names and IDs. A list with all items found for your search string will appear in a list below. If you want to jump directly to the RAW palette and bypass the other palettes (Like in SimOne's) you can change the behaviour by tapping CTRL+J.

Q: How do I copy/paste/move a part of the map?
A: If you have an item or brush selected hit space to select the "pointer" (or whatever it's called). Now hold down shift and drag the mouse while holding down left mouse button to select an area. Now you can simply move the selected area or hit ctrl+c and then ctrl+v to paste it into the editor. You'll need to hit left mouse button before you apply the pasted content to the map itself.

Q: I can't place staglamites on the water! What crap is this?
A: You can place doodads on blocking tiles by holding down ALT (this is default behaviour for some types of doodads).

Q: I want another tree! Can I scroll through different variations?
A: Hold down CTRL and click space while having the doodad brush selected and the variation will shift.

Q: How do I add my own creatures/NPCs to the editor?
A: Go to the file menu, click import, click "Import Monster(s)". Goto the folder with your monster/npc files and just click "Open", they can now be found under the "Other" or the "NPC" category in the creature palette. If you load a map with non-default monsters the will be added by the editor automaticly but with blank outfits.

Q: The walls have the wrong orientation! How do I rotate them?
A: Hold down ALT with the wallbrush selected and click on the tile to rotate that wall. If you hold down ALT while dragging a wall with SHIFT it won't "mesh" with other nearby walls (You can then place two wall adjacent to eachother).

Q: Some tiles are black and graphics are messed up!
A: You entered the wrong folder when the editor asked for 8.0 datafiles (you entered the path for another client version). To fix, simply rename your 8.1 folder to something else, restart the editor, it should ask for a new path. Enter the correct path to the 8.0 files and it should work perfectly!

Q: The NoPVP / PVPZone / No logout things are cool, but they don't do anything! wtf?!
A: Your server distribution needs to support it. Any server based on latest SVN should work.

Q: How do I create a spawn with a radius greater than 30 sqm?
A: This is disabled in the editor for performance reasons. If you really need larger spawns (you should reconsider), you can change the value MAX_SPAWN_RADIUS in the registry to a larger value. Note that this will require more memory & CPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
I says that it does not find the dat or the spr files, I have those , but where do i put them

Mine just syas that the executable cant open because the application configuration is not right.

how do i fix this?

Is there any option on this editor that search trought the world for places you have putted like 2 walls on eachother like on Simone's? if there is please tell me how :D thanks!

Well its a nice Map Editor
I mapped whole Poi with ot 100%
I will release it will scripts (Selfmade)
so short and Compact Poi self made 100 % with DLS

I have a weird bug with remere's everytime i open it it just shows everything white instead of black and if i put a ground monster etc. it does not appear :S
is it because im using vista?
or what should i do?

Ok never happened befor tibia updated to 8.11 and i had re-instal 8.10 but i opend my map editor and the item window thingy which isusely part of the entier map editor window wont go back to it i dunno what to click to make it like that can someone help me with this pleasE?

in plain english the items window i wanna attatch it to the main window so its not floating around.

Just drag the flooting window to left or right side , you'll see a greenish shadow of where it will appear. =)

Back