• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remote SQL, its possible?

sircurse

Curseria RTG - TFS 1.1
Reaction score
Twitch
curseofcourse
I was thinking about buy a host space with the required SQL and PHP version to use TFS, but no one host service want to give me some days to test...

So I want to know if its possible to the TFS work perfectly with a remote SQL, it will crash or something?

I dont want to waste my money hehe...

If someone know about it, plz exaplain more, I think it'll help more peoples.

Cya.
Curse.

Buying host space for the SQL server would I consider waste of money. It would work, but will demand more of your Internet connection and it will take longer time to load and save things to the database.

If you really want to have the database on a different computer, you should put it on one that is in your local network.

My idea was the one...

If it works, I can use the SQL in one host, and the server here on my pc, and another friend will have the same server too, and make multi canal... It will be 2 servers with the same players and chars...

So the people can choise in these servers to play, if one has many lag he can choise the other, and play with the same acc and character.

I think it is a good idea. But it really can cause many lag? Because today the conections are so fast, well... I need study more this posibility, but more opnions will be great.

^^

Its bad, but there are a new idea to the improve servers, making a varible on database that check if account is on, if its will kick the players if other char login in same account... Doing that 2 or more server can share the same database, and make various "canal", like other online games (wyd)... So if a player has lag in one server can login in another server with the same account and character without problem. ^^

Thx Jonern for the explaination.

Whatever... I think it will be hard, so its possible to make multi-world (independent servers) with TFS? I see some tutorials but are for diferents sources, I want share my server with my friend of any form... or multi-canal... or multi-world, but I dont find nothing about that to TFS.

If u know any tutorial send me a link plz.

What you say about just making it possible to log on to only one of the servers is possible to make if you use LuaSQL. But you would still have a problem with houses.

Yeah its true, I think if I try to make it my head will explode with problems of players duplicating itens...
If someone make this function will need work so much on this script.

And about multi-server? There no exist a script based on TFS still?

A nice way to do that without remove the hosue is creatint another houses tables, then the server 1 will save in his tables, and the server 2 will save on house tables 2.

Just need to modify the name of the house that the server will save to. Or I m wrong?

Back