• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Reporting homepages that contains HTML Viruses

Nikkster

Programmer
Reaction score
Hello, I was looking around on tibia videos on youtube.com which is being advertised on the video comment that CipSoft was looking for gamemaster's (Ofcourse I knew this was fake, but I was curious how their homepage would look like) so I clicked there by accident. Their homepage was"www.tibiag~~~~" and contained a html virus and you recieved it as soon as you entered their homepage.

By accident, I clicked on that link and recieved the virus (as I said) (Although my anti-virus program noticed it immediately and deleted the malmware)

However, do anyone know where you can report such homepages? To prevent anyone else recieve the virus?

(Warning, do not enter the internet address I posted for your own sake or try to get the real address)

Thank you Rudolf :) the homepage was succesfully reported. :)

However, I just spent some time trying getting some information about the virus and where you can find it (if your anti-virus program can't delete it).

If you are using Windows, the virus usually is being located in your C:/Documents and settings/Yourusername/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5 (could be any version, depends on which internet explorer you are using) and then the virus should be located in there.

I removed all my temporary internet files and all the cookies, also I removed and denied access to the virus so now it's completely gone. If anyone feel you have recieved a virus like this, don't do anything than try to remove it from your computer.

It's impossible to get infected by html.
could be an infected banner, or an java script.

Last edited:
I thought it was unpossible to get virus through JUST visiting a website?

It's impossible to get infected by html.
could be an infected banner, or an java script.

I assume you don't even know what you are talking about, html and javascripts are considered as the same, whatever it was a html virus and if you don't know that you can get infected by visiting a website, then I recommend you to search for some good information on google and learn something.

However, I think google has taken care of the website now :)

But if you have a firewall and all that shit nothing can happen can it ?? WIndows will always ask for permission before downloading anything??

I assume you don't even know what you are talking about, html and javascripts are considered as the same, whatever it was a html virus and if you don't know that you can get infected by visiting a website, then I recommend you to search for some good information on google and learn something.

However, I think google has taken care of the website now :)

Html and javascript is very different.
You cannot be infected by html itself.

you cannot script a virus in html, you can add scripts from java into html but just normal html page can't do any harm?

Lol :eek:

I recommend doing a full system scan because sometimes virus scanners only block the virus from being executed and for some reason cannot remove it from your system.

Back