• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Request: Channels for vocs.

Antrhax_Soul

Reaction score
Hello I wonder if someone can tell me how I can add channels for each vocation in codes... Ej:
all sorcerers can open an special chanels called Sorcererguild.
all knight can open an channel called Knight guild. Etc...

Can someone Help me plz...

All you have to do is find the part in the source that has all the channels, and make some new ones, they have to check for the voc, and level if you want, it's actually something that would be pretty simple...

its stupid, why would you need a sorcerer channel? oh sorry Hogwarts must need one

why are u so lame?? he's just asking for some help.

ANywais it's possible nut since i hardly work in dev c++ i cant help you try to take an example of "Rook guard Trade" and instead it check the players lvls it will check the voc..

Note do not forgot that sorcerer has 2 vocs Sorcerer and Master Sorcerer

Channels are in "table" like i remaember but im not sure now ... you shudl add new "channel" to table and protocol number to these :)

Meh I'll try to help altho I'm noob (just starting developing OTs today and looked through the sources)

If you go to chat.cpp in the latest TFS SVN you'll find on line 205 code similar to this one:

newChannel = new ChatChannel(0x08, "Help");
if(newChannel)
m_normalChannels[0x08] = newChannel;

Edit it to make something like this:

newChannel = new ChatChannel(0x0?, "Sorcerer");
if(newChannel)
m_normalChannels[0x0?] = newChannel;

Note the 2 "?"s, put in your own number there (more than 8 but not too high). Correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe this will help in getting you started.

Meh I'll try to help altho I'm noob (just starting developing OTs today and looked through the sources)

If you go to chat.cpp in the latest TFS SVN you'll find on line 205 code similar to this one:

newChannel = new ChatChannel(0x08, "Help");
if(newChannel)
m_normalChannels[0x08] = newChannel;

Edit it to make something like this:

newChannel = new ChatChannel(0x0?, "Sorcerer");
if(newChannel)
m_normalChannels[0x0?] = newChannel;

Note the 2 "?"s, put in your own number there (more than 8 but not too high). Correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe this will help in getting you started.

You forgot Vocation check
and since i stoped source Developening like 1 year ago i'm an piece of shit in it.. but you could send Pedro B and pm i think he could make it in 1 hour or somting

Back