• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Retro Servers

Tormented

Reaction score
Is the retro community active?
Is there any interest in custom retro servers based on old school mechanics?
What are the methods of retaining players nowadays? Is it the custom mechanics such as harder monsters spawning with chance?
Or maybe events and raids?
Will people rather play highrate or lowrate servers?
Do people still like to rpg and thinker with quest or is it just click click and point?

Violating Board Rules - Direct advertising + offtopic.
As a passionate OT server developer deeply involved in the unique journey of QuestLands, I'm thrilled to delve into the distinct aspects of our server that cater to a specific niche within the vibrant retro gaming community.

QuestLands stands as a testament to our commitment to fostering a close-knit community centered around a shared love for immersive RPG experiences. Our focus lies in providing a haven for those who thrive on non-PvP/PvE adventures and character progression.

In the realm of QuestLands, we pride ourselves on cultivating a rich RPG environment, where interactions and collaboration are the keystones of our community. Here, players are encouraged to forge alliances, embark on epic quests, and conquer challenging dungeons as they progress through their individual character journeys.

Our commitment to the RPG extends to the core of our server, where the thrill of exploration and teamwork at its core. In QuestLands, parties come together not just as a means to an end but as a vehicle to delve into uncharted territories, uncover hidden secrets, and conquer new and exciting content.

Our unique selling point lies in the emphasis on community-driven progress, where helping each other is not just a choice but a defining feature. Completing challenging dungeons and quests isn't merely a solo endeavor; it's a collaborative effort that strengthens the bonds within our tight-knit community.

As a developer, I understand that the heart of QuestLands beats to the rhythm of character progression. Our server isn't just a digital landscape; it's a canvas for crafting personalized stories, forming alliances, and achieving feats that resonate with the spirit of true RPG enthusiasts.

For those seeking an OT server where every interaction, every quest, and every dungeon conquered is a shared triumph, QuestLands invites you to join our community. Together, let's explore the vast landscapes of nostalgia and RPG immersion.

Happy adventuring!

What are the methods of retaining players nowadays? Is it the custom mechanics such as harder monsters spawning with chance?
Do people still like to rpg and thinker with quest or is it just click click and point?
how much effort did you put into researching these things yourself? or you just want everything spoon fed to you

more one day with the same questions ever

• yes
  • yes, we have a lot servers with custom content and new mechanics... a lot of people like it.
  • just make a good server, invest in ad, have a good team without gm power
  • dumb question
  • dumb question

if you want to know about player's feels, u must ask it to them, not to servers admin (is the purpose of this forum). I know that have some players in this place, but is the minorie.

Your account was created 2 days ago and you started by posting something "dumb" and I think is just to your friend comment about this "questlands"

I think is just to your friend comment about this "questlands"
Questlands isn't a retro server, it's full 10.98 experience with less content and custom stuff, owner has no idea about tibia and decided to host a server

Your account was created 2 days ago and you started by posting something "dumb" and I think is just to your friend comment about this "questlands"
I appreciate your observation. However, I want to clarify that I don't know the person you mentioned; my intention was simply to share my perspective as a developer.

Questlands isn't a retro server, it's full 10.98 experience with less content and custom stuff, owner has no idea about tibia and decided to host a server
Thank you for expressing your thoughts on QuestLands. While I respect diverse opinions, it's essential to note that our server aims to provide a unique blend of the 7.4-10.98 experience with carefully curated custom content. We appreciate constructive criticism but encourage a more detailed discussion. On a lighter note, thanks for consistently bumping our threads; who knows, you might become a QuestLands fan one day, even if in jest! We're committed to growing and expanding, irrespective of the challenges we encounter.

Zyzz your replies looks like they are AI generated, are you just pasting the replies into chatGPT?

Either way if your server contains anything related to mounts, addons or new outfits it’s not a classic server to me.

No offense to anyone, it’s simply my opinion.

Zyzz your replies looks like they are AI generated, are you just pasting the replies into chatGPT?

Either way if your server contains anything related to mounts, addons or new outfits it’s not a classic server to me.

No offense to anyone, it’s simply my opinion.
Half of the forums is AI generated shit, people will lose the ability to write a logical sentence soon

Half of the forums is AI generated shit, people will lose the ability to write a logical sentence soon

I love that people instantly recognize AI-generated messages.
Keep calling it out, please!

I also notice it on the Discords...

Giving up your own personality to write decent sentences, disabling your human ability to learn something new, I don't know what to think about that.
Hopefully there will be a rule against it on the forum soon.

We are living in the world of Wall-E soon :eek:

A sneak peek into the future!

-----
Oops, forgot to write it properly!

I find great pleasure in the swift recognition of messages crafted by artificial intelligence.
Continue to point them out, my dear companions!

My observations extend to the realms of Discords as well...

The notion of relinquishing one's individuality to compose articulate sentences, forsaking the innate human capacity to acquire new knowledge, leaves me in a state of contemplation.

I am uncertain of how to perceive such a phenomenon.
May there be regulations against such practices on the forum in the imminent future.
It appears that we are steadily approaching a reality reminiscent of Wall-E's world:

A tantalizing glimpse into the unfolding chapters of our future!

It’s a useful tool, yes. I myself am an advocate for AI. But yes, that’s all it is and should be, a tool.

But what you have to understand is that when all your replies is AI generated the reply completely loses its value. It’s ”not you” writing that.

And if I’m having a conversation with chatGPT instead of humans I can do that myself and ask the questions in third partly directly to chatGPT instead.

Ontopic; There are tons of upcoming projects out there but I think most things is just out of scope, their vision for what they’re making is completely riddiculous. People are making completely new games. And yes, that’s cool alright. But I believe somewhere in the process we stepped out of line, I believe what Tibia really need is a real classic server. Even if it’s gonna be released by Cipsoft (which they have said they will never do).

All the answers for your questions are on tibia servers list, The only retro that worths to play if you have no life and enjoys tibia is tibiantis... Most of players nowadays dont have time or desire to play old servers. Its a total waste of time... According to the lists 8.6 with bot and global 13x are the most seeked servers. But in my opnion... none worths your time...

Last edited:
I mean if you like tibia you play tibia, there’s many servers so just play something

Torment.png

Curent mini maps progress

Using maps from otland for example:

And also Emerald Map converted to 7.6

Back