• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RME- Design Idea

Bobany

Reaction score
Hello Guys! (.. and dolls)

I just made up a really good design- idea for RME.
This is going to be based on tools, grounds and borders, and not on brushes.

I have added picture to this thread just to make things a bit more clearlly, so you don't missunderstands me.

Tools :

This is an example of a tool :

2rgf1a0.jpg

By just looking at the arrow, you'll prolly understands that this one highers the ground.
With this tool, by choosing it and a ground or N/A (nothing at all) you will be able to creat a mountain where you draws, with the choosed ground on it.

And the oposit tool (with an arrow pointing down) you will be able to creat a sort of "hole", picture:
2vmaqsi.jpg

Custom border selection:
Ànd lets say that you'd like too creat an area with a selected wall around, then by using a "border tool" you will be able to select your ground, then a border(any sort of borders, walls, grass borders) And the be able to draw the ground, and the wall around it on once!
This tool ("custom border selection") dosen't only works with a wall around a selected ground, but also every kind of borders that is added to the mapeditor.

Right now, seddle down for a second and think if theres anything this "tools" can't do what RME's all brushes does today?.
This are just 3 tools, and can do more then RME's can, this is like the dream for mappers, do to mountains that quickly, to do oldschool hunting places in seconds.

"But roofs then?, and doodads?"
Hmm.. Roofs, there will ofc be a pallete that contains ground in the editor, with is orginized in categories (nature, cave) like RME has it today. And they all will contain there's regulares borders, if you still want to keap with them.

Doodads: The doodads will still contain theres regulare brushes, since im not an idea machine, and can't make up possible ideas so good :p.

But right now, these tools, well lets call them examples of this "design(shall i call this design?!)" Ofc this will not be the only tools to the mapeditor, if Remere likes this idea and will create this, his own decision. There will be other tools dephendings on ideas.

Thx for reading this.
Please add a comment if u like this or not, i'd like to here your opinion :)
(sry for the bad pics, i did them in seconds, and sry for some misspelling, if there is any, in the text.)
Bobany~

I think you have a good idea, maybe if you can get RME to add to his program or something man.

Back