• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Text Effect Rough stone effect

Xenios

Senator
Reaction score
Welcome! Do you need to know how to make a rough stone effect? Then you might learn it here with the layer style options in steps! Before I start I want to say that this tutorial is ownmade and so it's exclusive for Otland only. I'm also using Photoshop CS4 if anyone wants to know. ^^

This is what you will make:

1446-outcome1.png

Step 1. Okay, first make a new document: File -> New ->

Name: Tutorial
Size: 354px width and 120px height.
Background contents: Transparent

Step 2. Press G and fill the background with black.

Step 3. Create a new text layer with: Trojan pro; Regular; 90px; Crisp; White

Step 4. Open the Layer style (Layer -> Layer style) And go to Drop Shadow and change the settings to these:

1452-shaddow.png

Step 5
. Go to Outer Glow and apply these settings (color: #ffffbe):

1449-outerglow.png

Step 6. Now move on to Inner Glow and change the settings as below (color: #ffff6a):

1444-innerglow.png

Step 7. At Bevel and Emboss you change this:

1442-bevel-emboss.png

Step 8
. You also need to change the Gloss Contour aswell. Do this by clicking on the small image and you will get to an editor and there you will need to make almost the same shape I've made, you can use those little square (click on it and drag it) to move it to other dirrections and use the corner option to make those sharp lines.

1453-contour.png

Step 9. Go to textures below Bevel and Emboss and change the texture to this. You can find the texture by clicking on the drop menu next to the texture so you can load the rock textures from the list like this:

1454-texture.png

Step 10. Now go to Satin and change this (color: black):

1448-satin.png

Step 11. Now it's time for a gradient. Change the settings as shown below. The gradient is standard, so you won't need to change anything about that:

1443gradientoverlay.png
1443-gradientoverlay.png

Step 12. Go to Pattern Overlay. It's almost the same as the previous texture, but in the same list you select a other texture:

1447-patternoverlay.png

Step 13. And as last you make a small stroke around the text (color: #231e09):

1450-stroke.png

Congratulations!
You just made the tutorial, if you have any questions about this feel free to ask it here and I will answer them when I've the time for it.

I really appricaite if you could add me some reputation for taking my time creating this :D

You do not need to copy the exact thing since you can choose other options to make a other result. I will show you some examples:

I've edited the Bevel and Emboss of Soften to 16px
1455-outcome2.png

Here's another example. I've disabled Inner Glow and Pattern Overlay and I get an steel effect:

1456-outcome3.png

Kind regards,
Xenios.

Last edited:
Well I feel bad that this nice tutorial only got 2 replies.

It helped me :thumbup:
Rep for you.

I really like the "outcome2.png", it really rocks my PS world.

Well done Xenios :D!

Back