• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows @Router experts

Nikkster

Programmer
Reaction score
Again I have another question about routers.. My friend is using an D-link 624, but it's mostly turned off. He has 3 computers with internet connection on, but it still works to surf on the internet on the computers. However, he has 2 routers, the one that you can connect using "192.168.0.1", and the other one that you can't login on. The one you can login on using 192.168.0.1, is mostly turned off on the days as I mentioned some lines up from here, and doesn't it counts as he doesn't use a router? Does he still need to open ports in it, when it's offline? When he tried, he got the error message "connection timed out", which is on the ports, but then the router you can connect to was on, but if it's offline, does it works as you don't have a router? Like all you need to do is forward the ports in firewall, like it's on other people which are not having a router or a switch or something.

He wants to host otservers also.

I'd appreciate a quick answer, though I'll give reputation if it worked, or for the best creative answer.

//Nikke

Uhm, I'm not sure what you mean (Lets blame it on sleepiness)

If he has no routers connected. All ports should be open, no need to port forward. (Only if you have a Firewall on the computer)
If he has a router connected, all/most the ports should be closed (Unless you opened ports yourself)

And why 2 routers? (You might have mentioned that, as I said I'm tired :D )

Uhm, I'm not sure what you mean (Lets blame it on sleepiness)

If he has no routers connected. All ports should be open, no need to port forward. (Only if you have a Firewall on the computer)
If he has a router connected, all/most the ports should be closed (Unless you opened ports yourself)

And why 2 routers? (You might have mentioned that, as I said I'm tired :D )

Yes, I don't know why... but its connected but turned off, if you understand what I mean, ill talk to you on msn.

Back