• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved [sabrehaven/nostalrius] Chat Channels Crashing Client

Dawg

Reaction score
Using Sabrehaven master branch, clean download and compile. Using regular CipSoft client.

Any player talking in any channel other than default or direct message (help, trade, world, private chat channel) instantly crashes the client.

Here is the debug:
1698789169584.png

I have searched here, searched the GitHub for Sabrehaven and Nostalrius, haven't seen anything remotely close to this.

Weird that such a giant problem exists on an otherwise clean repository, but I literally didnt make any changes, just downloaded the master branch, compiled without errors, and logged in...so I don't think this is something on my end

Fixed the issue, it was my fault after all. Not sure what exactly was wrong but once I confirmed that I could login on OTClient, I made a new custom CipSoft client (hex edited for IP address) and channels now work. I must have made a hex editor mistake the first time.

Back