• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scammer Alert: Beware of @Dreww / @Hellcora

Jaed Le Raep

★Gaeming★
Reaction score
It's come to light in the past 12 hours that I've experienced being scammed for the first time in my OT history. Should have seen it coming, but I've been out of the loop for so long I just trusted what was presented to me. Here's the series of events.

On 3/1/2023 I discovered Lightbringer#3944 (Discord) / @Dreww / @Hellcora (same person) via OTAcademy discord. They were advertising their mapping service. I reached out, struck a deal, pre-paid $75 in Tibia Coins for a town to be mapped, and rightfully so it was delivered in the agreed-upon timeframe on 3/6/2023. Nothing wrong so far.

Then we moved on to the agreement for mapping a batch of hunting spawns. We agree on a price of $180 for 15 zones and a time expectancy of two weeks. Things here start a bit different as he hadn't started showing me any samples or examples of what was being worked on in the first 24 hours like the first order. Despite this, we're in active communication (all of this is on Discord) until the morning of 3/8/2023. That's when his user is offline and has not been online since. What's odd is that for the 7 days we were in active talks, his user hadn't been offline for a single moment prior. It's not been 5 days since I've heard from them.

How I know/believe Lightbringer is @Hellcora is simply because that's the user that posted the town that I ordered to be mapped in the mapping showoff forum thread.
How I know/believe Lightbringer is @Dreww is because of them introducing themselves as such to another attempted victim. This isn't concrete, as it could have been them trying to say they're someone established in order to build trust, but both Lightbringer and the Dreww account claim themselves to be from Mexico. If OTLand mods find there to be no solid PCID/IP link between both accounts, then I don't want to drag a potentially innocent OTLand account into this. It IS to be noted that @Dreww apparently already doesn't have a great reputation to begin with.
----
Added side note to this claim, @Jerexius has presented this portfolio as the one Lightbringer presented to him of past works. It hosts screenshots of works that Dreww has posted on their account as well as the new town that was ordered by me.

I didn't think anything the first 3 days of no contact, because anything could happen in anyone's life. Emergencies happen, and that's fine. What I had a problem with was I'd started tracking @Hellcora's last online time (even though they've tried to hide their account's privacy just like the @Dreww username), and saw they logged in Saturday. This means that they'd at least had online access enough to be on OTLand but still no word from them on Discord despite having already paid $75 of the $180 to them for the second order.

Also in the past 12 hours, I've learned that there's another victim. @Jerexius is someone who had ordered 7.4 mappings from them, also prepaid like me, and has had radio silence from @Hellcora / @Dreww .

We were both pretty gullible, as I'd believed this person's story as to why they don't want to accept PayPal and instead had us pay them through Tibia Coins. Please don't laugh at me, I'm already pretty embarrassed because at no point up until today had I realized I'd been set up/played.

I've definitely learned a tough lesson here, and if anything, I'm glad I learned it this early. I was ready to financially commit to this a**wad to a greater extent. Idiot should have played the long con. </vent>

Please refer to the attachments to this point for proof/screenshots.

Edit 1: Added screenshot of Last Seen of @Hellcora
Edit 2: Added @Jerexius name to this post with their consent. They're victim #2.
Edit 3: Added highly probable evidence of link between @Hellcora / @Dreww aka Lightbringer#3944 (on Discord)

Attachments

Last edited:
I confirm, I made deals with the... and what I found out was, that in the map he sold me, he hid a lot of modified items and tried to break the server once it was up and running...

I confirm, I made deals with the... and what I found out was, that in the map he sold me, he hid a lot of modified items and tried to break the server once it was up and running...

Wonder how or what they can say about these reports.

Yea he's a piece of shit.

He worked for us for quite some time (2~ years). I gave him $3000 to pay for his mothers surgery in an emergency situation (At this point, he had been with us long enough that there was alot of trust in this relationship). Fast forward a bit, we discovered he was lying on his hours sheets and he was let go immediately. He then attempted (and likely did) sell a very outdated version of our map to several people (didn't bother us, incredibly outdated and major structural issues without our setup).

It was later brought to my attention that he was very likely lying about the surgery. It's alright though, was a learning lesson for me in trust, our studio has grown 3x since he left (not because of him leaving of course, but we've had a very good couple years so not concerned - maybe it was good karma xD).

I haven't posted on otland in forever, but he is worth outing.

He's subhuman trash.

Sorry to hear he's still up to his same antics.

Hope all is well Otland 😘

Yea he's a piece of shit.

He worked for us for quite some time (2~ years). I gave him $3000 to pay for his mothers surgery in an emergency situation (At this point, he had been with us long enough that there was alot of trust in this relationship). Fast forward a bit, we discovered he was lying on his hours sheets and he was let go immediately. He then attempted (and likely did) sell a very outdated version of our map to several people (didn't bother us, incredibly outdated and major structural issues without our setup).

It was later brought to my attention that he was very likely lying about the surgery. It's alright though, was a learning lesson for me in trust, our studio has grown 3x since he left (not because of him leaving of course, but we've had a very good couple years so not concerned - maybe it was good karma xD).

I haven't posted on otland in forever, but he is worth outing.

He's subhuman trash.

Sorry to hear he's still up to his same antics.

Hope all is well Otland 😘

If I had even just looked into the fact that the person @Hellcora made claims about is still SUPER active on the Archlight Discord, this outcome may have been different. Meh..

Sadly, people like that weaken our community. Sorry for you, guys and may they get their due.
But, a piece of advice for anyone looking for freelancers: please check the "professional" background first. Saves time and money.

sadly he hid his profile :( otherwise it will be easier to track him and possible find irl location to pay a friendly visit :)
weard that otland allows for MC they should be banning both accounts not just one also scamming also should lead to banishment lol

sadly he hid his profile :( otherwise it will be easier to track him and possible find irl location to pay a friendly visit :)
weard that otland allows for MC they should be banning both accounts not just one also scamming also should lead to banishment lol
1678872137578.png

Sorry to see this happen to you @Jaed Le Raep , I know how excited you were about this project.
Please don't let it stop you!

Take this as a lesson and move on, I'd recommend learning stuff yourself instead of hiring people, that was what I did after being scammed. I now work full-time as a software engineer earning more then I could dream of.

Back