• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Script idea: random monster generator

E

Evil Puncker

I came across an idea in my mind while playing Tibia and wondering how monsters are so boring because we all know almost them all, so I thought about an idea but since I lack all the coding skill I'll describe the idea here in case any brilliant mind ever decides to create it.

the current problem
we hardly see custom monsters, or most of them are just a scuffed copy and modification of an already existing creature

the idea itself
a talkaction script would create/generate .txt(.lua possible?) revscriptsys monster files, with the possibility the create infinite random monsters with pre-determined value range for every setting, where the ADM would only need to fill in the tables, for example:

• name and description would be set manually, the script would generate only something like "monster 324" and so on
  • monster outfit would be totally random from creatures to character outfits, addons and mounts (and the colors)(maybe a parameter in the talkaction to chose either between races (elf, dwarf, demon, etc) or "human" outfits (the ones with addons and mount)
  • health(maxHealth) and experience would be taken from the tier that the user chose to create, for example: easy, medium, hard, boss
  • race: random
  • corpse would be something default like 8964
  • speed: random
  • maxSummons: random
  • changeTarget: random
flags
  • summonable = false by default
    attackable = true by default
    hostile = true by default
    convinceable = false by default
    illusionable = false by default
    canPushItems = true by default
    canPushCreatures = true by default
    targetDistance: I'm thinking about dividing possible generated monsters into something like: ranged, melee, mage (can be combined) etc to make skills/spells better generated
    staticAttackChance = 70 by default

• summons only if monster is mage type, selected from a table with tiers
  • voices: some default texts for all monsters lol
  • loot: divided by monsters tiers and loot tiers, and loot types (with max count random if stackable and not gold coin)
  • attacks: based on monster type (ranged/melee/magic) with random min/max values chosen from monster tiers, everything else random (specially effect types and forms so we can see the power of randomness :p)
  • defenses: random armor/defense values, random healing, invisible, speed etc with the values from tiers
  • elements: random resistances and weakness
  • immunities: invisible: true by default

I guess its all, thanks for taking your time to read this non sense

I like the idea of randomizing monsters.

I might use this idea but target existing creatures on the map.
Roll them onSpawn and change name "Enraged Rotworm" for example, add extra HP/DMG extra spell or loot or w/e.

I just noticed that this is something totally random, what a good idea, I would like to see it in action, maybe it will change my way of thinking about this.
but i like your idea

Last edited:
Would be kinda neat combined with a dungeon generator. Every time a completely new and interesting experience. (if dont correctly, which isnt easy)

On my server I first made 4 human monsters, representing each promoted vocation. Then I picked which outfits and addons each of these monsters could get upon spawning.
If they didnt have any addons they got 4 spells with 0% bonus dmg. 1 addon would be 5 spells with 15% bonus dmg and 2 addons, the most dsngerous kinds would have 6 spells and a bonus of 30% dmg.

was kind of easy to make, and im no expert.

You could also add extra health to monsters and which available spells it can use upon spawning.

Back