• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Searching for graphic artists for a sidescroller fantasy

Vagabond

Reaction score
My new project is a side scroller in a dark fantasy setting.
I'm programming from essentially scratch, so I'm way too busy to try making nice graphics for it.

Because it's a dark fantasy, graphics should use dark colors and highlights should be weak and shadows should be heavy.

As a side scroller, it will be needing something to fill the background. The project is designed for 320x480/480x320 devices, so the backdrop should be 320x320 (I use the extra 160 pixels for something else). The backdrop is just what we see behind the area where the playing actually happens. It's pretty much just to keep the screen from being mostly blank.

Ground will be tiled, but not like tibia. Since it's a sidescroller, you'll be viewing it from the side, so it won't be a perfect square. Ground will be 32x16 pixels in a 32x32 pixel sprite, and try to keep in mind that it isn't being viewed from above.

Rendering characters and baddies will use a sprite sheet method (examples).
Basically, every frame of every action they can perform will be in this one file, instead of separated like in Tibia. For now, I'd be happy with walking and standing still.
Each frame of the sprite sheet is 64x64 pixels. The character does not need to fill this entire space, the purpose for this is just to give plenty of room to work with. Standing still, the character should be vertically centered around the 32nd pixel.

I'm not too sure how I want the equipment menu and stuff like that to look yet, so I'll update this topic on those later.

For more about this project: http://otland.net/f253/my-new-project-dark-fantasy-side-scroller-86357/

sad that you haven't gotten any responses im interested in seeing what the final product will look like

Enviroment/Interface: Yes

Character Rendering: No

..you have my MSN.

Did you seriously just post a link to fire emblem sprites :p
Also you might be able to find someone on the byond website because byond uses 2d graphics. ^.^

Did you seriously just post a link to fire emblem sprites :p
Also you might be able to find someone on the byond website because byond uses 2d graphics. ^.^

But I don't use byond and have no experience with it.
Besides, nobody knows me there. In the OT community I'm pretty famous. :p

Back