• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Secure your modern AAC template

Radium

Frozen-Hell.com
Reaction score
Ever noticed people stealing your paid for or designed template?

Yes, it can be easy for the users to extract each image from your design, and then code it. But we can atleast TRY and make their lives difficult.

Most of the users here using modern aac have their index.tpl for show to everyone, so i can just use a firefox addon to download every image from your template file, then take your index.tpl and i have a new template..
So what I am showing you here today, is how to secure your index.tpl so people cannot get in.

(Note - Using this feature will involve storing a password, it doesnt really matter if you store it or not, since you can just access it via root access)

1. Go to the installation folder of mAAC, and direct to the 'templates' folder.

2. Go into the templates directory that you are using for your current theme (Eg. 'modern')
[In that folder you shall see the file 'index.tpl']

3. Create a file named '.htaccess' in that folder.

4. Open '.htaccess' and paste this code in
Code:
<Files index.tpl>
order deny,allow
deny from all
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Bitch tryna steal my template.."
require valid-user
satisfy any
</Files>

5. Save the file, and try and access your index.tpl file. =)

I hope this works for you guys, it works for me so I just thought I would share it with the community.
Any questions just post below :)

~Radium

Last edited:
i can steal your template with firefox, opera and google chrome... with your script too =D

i can steal your template with firefox, opera and google chrome... with your script too =D

Why don't you read the thread? Troll.

Yes, it can be easy for the users to extract each image from your design, and then code it. But we can atleast TRY and make their lives difficult.

you can't protect your page source, because if you do nobody will be able to visit your site :p strong polaczek

You can using JS, I guess. :p

The JavaScript that is being sent to your web browser is parsed and run client-sided. You should even be able to disable it in any web browser. You can't protect your page source, if there is something you don't want anyone to see simply don't send it.

The JavaScript that is being sent to your web browser is parsed and run client-sided. You should even be able to disable it in any web browser. You can't protect your page source, if there is something you don't want anyone to see simply don't send it.

Oh, yeah. I wasn't looking on it from that point. By the way, you're right because, everyone that could steal a template should atleast know how to disable JavaScript on browsers.

Last edited:
Great tutorial, unfortunately everybod with Firbug addon will copy it in 2 Seconds and just need to change the directories in head.

Back