• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Seeking Insight on ClientID to Sprite Numbers from the Assets folder

bengalien

Premium User
Premium User
Reaction score

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working with Tibia's sprite files and the associated assets folder. My primary objective is to understand the connection between client IDs and their corresponding sprite numbers, and how they are managed within the game files.

The Challenge:
I've been using an asset editor to visualize the game's sprites. Within this editor, I can see that each item has an associated client ID (for example, "101") and a corresponding sprite number (like "156936"). However, I've been unable to find references to some of these client IDs within the game files. This has led me to suspect there's a specific algorithm or method governing the assignment and management of these sprite numbers to client IDs.

Additional Information:

• Version: 1321
  • Tools Used: Asset Editor (for viewing sprites)
  • Spiderclientconver (for creating sprites)
Questions:

1. How does the assets folder connect IDs to sprite numbers?
  2. Is there a known algorithm or method that the game employs to assign or manage sprite numbers in relation to client IDs?
  3. Does anyone have insights into the code or logic that underpins this mapping in the asset editor or game files?
I'm currently at a standstill, and any help or guidance would be of immense value. If you've delved into this area before or have knowledge about how the game manages these IDs, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and insights!

Last edited:
Every appearance is associated with one or more framegroups, Each framegroup contains a list of sprite IDs.
The assets directory contains a file named catalog-content.json This file provides some information about the assets files.

JSON:
{
  "type":"sprite",
  "file":"sprites-73a4e9e39778829f2ce31b9c42d87e02e97c7567343d38f223a654f6f2875558.bmp.lzma",
  "spritetype":3,
  "firstspriteid":242486,
  "lastspriteid":242521,
  "area":0
},

There are four types of sprites sheets, each with different dimensions and sprite count

Type 0: Contains 32x32 pixel sprites. Each sheet includes 144 sprites (12x12).
Type 1: Contains 32x64 pixel sprites. Each sheet includes 72 sprites (12x6).
Type 2: Contains 64x32 pixel sprites. Each sheet includes 72 sprites (6x12).
Type 3: Contains 64x64 pixel sprites. Each sheet includes 36 sprites (6x6).

firstspriteid refers to the ID of the first sprite in the sheet.
lastspriteid refers to the ID of the last sprite in the sheet.

Back