• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows @Serious problem for 20% of otland people

Gkatt

Reaction score
Hello guys i hope talaturen or someone is looking at this thread now. i just wanna tell that like 20% of the otland have problem with crashing..

Ill tell my problem Everytime my server run and like 2 hours after it crashes i dont have a clue why some people says that its a door bug that crashes the server. and no i dont use dedicated server i need to figure out how to fix this problem first

Ill show you my console errors

[Error - LuaScriptInterface::loadFile] data/actions/scripts/quests/annihilator.lua:5: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 1) near 'entry'
[31/05/2010 08:29:40] [Warning - Event::loadScript] Cannot load script (data/actions/scripts/quests/annihilator.lua)
[31/05/2010 08:29:40] data/actions/scripts/quests/annihilator.lua:5: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 1) near 'entry'
--------

[31/05/2010 08:29:46] [Warning - IOMap::loadMap] Movable item in house: 1, item type: 1477, pos 997/1005/7
[31/05/2010 08:29:46] [Warning - IOMap::loadMap] Movable item in house: 1, item type: 1477, pos 1000/1005/7
[31/05/2010 08:29:46] > Map loading time: 0.343 seconds.
[31/05/2010 08:29:46] [Notice - Npc::Npc] NPC Name: Rashid - autowalk has been deprecated, use walkinterval.
[31/05/2010 08:29:46] [Warning - Houses::loadFromXml] House entry not set for: Forgotten headquarter (Flat 1, Area 42) (1)

Thats all.. well i can post like 30 threads about their server is crashing but i dont have time atm..

If someone would help me out i would be so glad
sorry i cant pay you guys for helping me with this

R++

post ur data/actions/scripts/quests/annihilator.lua

and remove the item (id 1477) at pos 1000/1005/7 and 997/1005/7

and add a entry to the house Forgotten headquarter (Flat 1, Area 42) (1)

Last edited:
Well the first error from annihilator you just need to add a comma before this:

Lua:
storage = 30015

The other erros are self-explanatory, like the loadMap just remove that itemId from that exact position!

The NPC, just open the NPC.xml and change from autowalk to walkinterval. How hard is to read an error?

And the last and obvious error, the house is null so you need to set an exit with your mapeditoor!

Sorry for this noobish question how do i set a entry for my house?
And how may i know that this errors doesnt make the server crash? other people had same problem and some of they says when people is killing each other and spam their server crashes to

lawl 100% of otland ppl and the rest have prob or have had with TFS Crash!
when I read the title of this thread I thought I'd find with spam, offtopic, flaming ^^

@Up not true, I've been hosting using TFS for 4 months, not a single crash. Highest uptime was 700hours.

So no it's not always TFS fault :>

Gkatt, try this.

Go inside a house and write aleta sio and invite a star -->*<--

If it crashes, it might be because some tard on your server is inviting a star to their home.

I told you i deleted the houses and it still crashing when im afk!
It may be because people killing each other.. but still it was only 2 players online haha.

Fuck windows 7 since i got it always crashes

Using your home computer?

It takes you 10 max 30 min to get Linux up and running with Dual boot support.

Unless it is the star bug, I don't think its related to Windows though. Unstable scripts usually is the reason. In critical cases the server crashes before it manages to terminate a buggy script so you don't get any error message, just crash.

Last edited:
If it crashes when you are not doing anything, you should check globalevents and mods (disable one mod = test etc.etc. you know)
If you don't know the problem after that, it is propably TFS fault. Since you are not donator you cannot test many other revisions and get your own stable Engine. Also, start using linux and 0.4!

Back