• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server Crash at random hours at day....

Ashtar

ShadowRealm.online
Reaction score
Hello guys, i been trying to fix this issue by myself and i tryed every possible solution but well i believe its time to ask for help...

I fixed every possible bug that i could find in the whole map (custom map) i checked up every script i got at actions, global events, moveevents, global events even creatureevents (which i really dont understand really much), and there's no error that may cause a server crash, i also searched for every possible bug that may be house related but nope there isnt, alot of players been reporting me that when server crashes is ALWAYS at the beginning of a server save. (my server server saves aproximately every 1-2 hours via globalevent script)(global save is disabled in the config.lua)

I use tfs crying damson v5 8.60

i have a intel i5 2.8 ghz
4gb ram ddr3
windows 7 64 bits as host

my map weights around 30 mbs

this is my server save script.

Code:
local config = {
	broadcast = {120, 30},
	shallow = "no",
	delay = 120,
	events = 30
}

config.shallow = getBooleanFromString(config.shallow)

local function executeSave(seconds)
	if(isInArray(config.broadcast, seconds)) then
		local text = ""
		if(not config.shallow) then
			text = "Full s"
		else
			text = "S"
		end

text = text .. "erver save within " .. seconds .. " seconds, please mind it may freeze!"
		doBroadcastMessage(text)
	end

if(seconds > 0) then
		addEvent(executeSave, config.events * 1000, seconds - config.events)
	else
		doSaveServer(config.shallow)
	end
end

function onThink(interval, lastExecution, thinkInterval)
	if(table.maxn(config.broadcast) == 0) then
		doSaveServer(config.shallow)
	else
		executeSave(config.delay)
	end

return true
end

In case that the serversave is in fact crashing the server i wanna know why it doesnt crash it every time it saves cuz the crashes are like aprox every 14-24 hrs.

Note: i cant make crash reports beacause i lost my edited source code and i really dont want to undo my current source editions that im sure those cant crash a server)

Thanks for your time guys ofc i will give rep++ to any help.

1: Compile 64 bit sources.
2: Run the .exe starter in compile mode "Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)

(Right click on the .exe, then click properties and go to tab "Compile" ~~ something

The save script looks fine... Did you make any changes to the map that can cause it? Weird items? Wrong holes, wrong stairs? Did you add any new scripts?

Nope ia lready fixed every single map bug, im sure thats not the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

1: Compile 64 bit sources.
2: Run the .exe starter in compile mode "Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)

(Right click on the .exe, then click properties and go to tab "Compile" ~~ something

gonna do that, well i tryed to do that but seems that it doesnt give me the windows server 2008 choice, u mean compatibility mode?

- - - Updated - - -

bump

- - - Updated - - -

BUMP

- - - Updated - - -

BUMP!

Last edited:
Back