• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server uses 100% cpu and memory

oceano

Reaction score
I host a server and it have some great uptimes.(20 hours)not always. It with 100 players online.

But sometimes the server without any aparently reason starts to use a lot of my pc resources, and all i can do is close my server and re-open. because my pc is completelly frozen.

This problem used to happens when someone attacked my server with some 300 connections per second.. but when i check my firewall it has normal connections.. some 100 connections what is normal.

This problema is happening one- two times per day...

can anyone help? any script? maybe bugged.

Using tfs 0.3.5 pl 1 8.5 - 8.52 Global map

Thanks hope someone can help me to fix it

It's called a DDoS. And it's any attack method that use up all your resources. It takes about 5sec to 1min to bring down a Windows server (proven it for Novinha many times). Check your netstat and see if you got alot of SYN_RECV, if so, it's just a common SYN attack, most OSes (Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris etc) are immune to it. Unfortunatly Windows ain't.

As i said sometimes i have ddos attacks( and i know when its a ddos attack) but when i check f-wall there aren t a syn attack ( ddos) because i have all the normal connections (100)

Computer specs
intel i5 - 4gb memory

Back