• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

servers type, rate and protocol what really draw people in?.

oshrigames

Reaction score
Hello :)

i'm about to open for the first time my own Server that i've been work on "alone" (otland community helped me a lot♥) for 2 years.
Client: Custom [10.98].
Uptime: 24/7.
Exp rate: x8.
Skills & Magic rates: 4x Skill and 2x Magic.
Map: Custom, 100% handmade.

i started doing some "research" in order to understand what make players try/stay at new servers so i can use it to draw more players once i open mine. 😅

i've been looking at Tibia Server list. (sort by most players) and i notice that most players play either real map and high exp rate (VERY HIGH exp rates!)
or they play Custom/evo map with even higher exp rates and mostly v8.6 or v10.99+

so here the discussion part of the thread:
i want to understand what's your preference in servers and what do you like about it, what do you hate about it and if you try new servers every now and then.
i'll start as example :)

my server prefrence as a tibia player is:
Server with low exp, (x5 to x12)
classic UI (at most v10.98)
no big numbers (damage, levels, skills, crazy gear and in-game wealth)
put in few hours for skills to have advatage over the lazy ones
a rich PvE world full of Quests, hidden rooms, dungeons, events and no TP to camps
a world where you can encounter another player nearly all the time and make sure to form bonds to farm as party and someone to protect eachother
or work with a team on a dungeon quest in order to get the chest for the rare loot.

and as for end game goals aim to reach the sweet spot of Lvl 150 - Lvl 200 for PK life.
guild wars and everything as its meaning. skills, rare weapons/gear, each vocations has their part in a fight.

and the other side of that coin, servers not my type of tea:
high rates server in my eyes are one big mess.
nothing really has meaing, everything is come down to few things, who grind the most high hp/exp mobs and have lowest ping in a fight.

and no i don't try many new servers since most of them high rate and it's not really my thing.

so again here's the main question i want to start with:
what is your prefrence as tibia player, what do you like in server what do you hate, what's your opinion of PvE contant along side strong Pvp world?
server without Teleports to camp, map fit to be travled by foot / boat for diffrent land.

Reminder: this is a discussion so feel free to share your point of views, on every single related issue you can think of.
please ZERO judgment of someone preference everyone has their own likes and dislikes. i just here to hear them out and see what can be learned from it.

Edit: a short strawpoll "sweet spot of Tibia Server exp Rates" sweet spot of Tibia Server exp Rates (https://www.strawpoll.me/18499229/r)

Last edited:
Personally i really admire traveling and RPG - i hate when there is milion hunting places stuffed in one area. I also like when world isn't empty - lots of minor locations is plus for me, huge hunting places =/= best hunting places.

Personally i really admire traveling and RPG - i hate when there is milion hunting places stuffed in one area. I also like when world isn't empty - lots of minor locations is plus for me, huge hunting places =/= best hunting places.

ty for take the time to read and answer :D

i feel the same way myself thats why i designed the map to be compact but not suffocated, everyplace is in a walk distance and has its own use in some way or another.

here's a first (very outdated) draft of "waypoints" of my map.
Relencia.png

my current map is bigger and have few more hunting places and i rework some of the first camps ive made since i got better at mapping over time.
one of the biggest camp i have is fit to have around 6 solo players at most, or 12 if they in parties.

that's why i find it hard to understand why most players play at high exp rate on real map.

I love oldschool CUSTOM rpg servers. The problem is tho, that not enough people are interested. Have seen a bunch of truly amazing servers, but always dead on start unfortunately. I think the days of custom servers are past. At least, old school like ones.
I remember the days of fast attack servers back in the day, was really fun (but unbalanced ofc)

i guess i understand, like old days shooter games was team vs team, now it's all about BR.
might be new generation shift of interests and likes/dislikes. :rolleyes:

how do you guys feel about fetures such as custom skills, IE: crafting, alchemy, mining, herbalist, lockpicking and gambler?
(very balanced been working on them for months).

each custom skill has it's own territory, underground mining city, Magic Forest for herbalist, cazino for gambler etc..
rich pve world and quite few good events for pvp contant. (rest of pvp will be detremnet by the players themselves).

Back