• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Setting an object/tree/tile as 'looktype'

Sinth

Argardh.com
Reaction score
How? :(

Want to have a creature looking like a tree(example).

And, why doesn't editing item.otbm work in so many ways? Like editing tiles walkability etc. Is it connected to something in the client? Example: Can't make 'void' walkable, can't put lighting on tiles etc.

Only been using what already works so far so just now getting into object-editing.. feels like its sort of step 2 and then 3 or 4 is your own client :p Never though i'd think about source-editing but getting more and more tempted. Is there a tutorial on the basics? (i'll look myself, but drop if you can recommend 1)

Solution
Code:
<look typeex="1773" />
Results in:
dtwgg9u.png

You need to take a closer look on what @Beto06 wrote, it works just fine.

Next time, read the rules for the support board also.
https://otland.net/threads/rules-for-the-support-board.217087/

Also, do not double post, edit your posts instead.
You can make a creature look like a tree or whatever just go into the monster file and edit the line: <look type="X" /> to <look typeex="Y" />, where Y is the ID of an item.

Am I really that retarded? :(

brb.. LOL!

My client crashed instantly when trying to summon a rat looking like a shining red stone.. again: LOL!

Haha, what's up? Did I pick a bad object or you fkn with me? :p haha

SOooooo, I GUESS I just missed that it should be 'looktypeEX'.. with an extra EX after looktype.

So, just semi-retarded ;) But I think that makes 2 of us as you COULD(maybe not should, but could ;) ) have highlighted those 2 letters..

thanks a lot! Made my day!

You're right @HalfAway ! And thanks for demo(pun intended). Sorry for double-post, slips sometimes. What I reaaaally can't fkn understand though is this:

Why the hell does a Rat win over a Cat??

EkWytTw.png

Last edited:
Anorexic domesticated cat meets scared rat that jumped for the jugular.

Case solved.

Back