• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ seymour npc is not working and giving console error

Diarreamental

Solutions
Reaction score
This npc is just like any other npc in my datapack i have compare it with for example with elathriel ( which works)
seymour is giving console errors and wont reply or do nothing when a player says key
this is the console error
Lua:
Lua Script Error: [Npc interface]
data/npc/scripts/Seymour.lua:onCreatureSay
data/npc/scripts/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:642: table index is nil
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function '__newindex'
        data/npc/scripts/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:642: in function 'say'
        data/npc/scripts/Seymour.lua:76: in function 'callback'
        data/npc/scripts/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:420: in function 'onCreatureSay'
        data/npc/scripts/Seymour.lua:10: in function <data/npc/scripts/Seymour.lua:10>

Lua Script Error: [Npc interface]
data/npc/scripts/Seymour.lua:onCreatureSay
data/npc/scripts/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:642: table index is nil
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function '__newindex'
        data/npc/scripts/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:642: in function 'say'
        data/npc/scripts/Seymour.lua:76: in function 'callback'
        data/npc/scripts/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:420: in function 'onCreatureSay'
        data/npc/scripts/Seymour.lua:10: in function <data/npc/scripts/Seymour.lua:10>
this is seymour.lua
Code:
dofile('data/npc/scripts/lib/greeting.lua')

local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

-- OTServ event handling functions
function onCreatureAppear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)        npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)            end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        end
function onThink()                npcHandler:onThink()                    end

--local shopModule = ShopModule:new()
--npcHandler:addModule(shopModule)

keywordHandler:addKeyword({'how are you'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Well, the king doesn't send troops anymore, the academy is dreadfully low on money, and the end of the world is pretty nigh. Apart from that I am reasonably fine, I suppose."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'sell'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I sell the Key to Adventure for 5 gold! If you are interested, tell me that you want to buy the key."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'job'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I am the master of this fine academy."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'academy'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Our academy has a library, a training center in the cellars and the oracle upstairs."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'library'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Go and read our books. Ignorance may mean death, so be careful."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'train'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "You can try some basic things down there, but don't challenge the monsters in our arena if you are inexperienced."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'center'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "You can try some basic things down there, but don't challenge the monsters in our arena if you are inexperienced."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'cellar'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "You can try some basic things down there, but don't challenge the monsters in our arena if you are inexperienced."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'oracle'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "You will find the oracle upstairs. Talk to the oracle as soon as you have made level 8. Choose a vocation and a new home town, and you will be sent off to the continent."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'vocation'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "You will find the oracle upstairs. Talk to the oracle as soon as you have made level 8. Choose a vocation and a new home town, and you will be sent off to the continent."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'rookgaard'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Here on Rookgaard we have some people, a temple, some shops, a farm and an academy."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'name'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "My name is Seymour, but to you I am 'Sir' Seymour."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'seymour'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "My name is Seymour, but to you I am 'Sir' Seymour."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'sir'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "At least you know how to address a man of my importance."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'help'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I can assist you with my advice."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'hint'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I can assist you with my advice."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'people'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Well, there's me, Cipfried, Willie, Obi, Amber, Dallheim, Al Dee, Norma, and Hyacinth."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'advice'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Read the blackboard for some hints and visit the training center in the cellar."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'monster'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "You can learn about Tibia's monsters in our library."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'dungeon'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "There are some dungeons on this isle. You should be strong enough to explore them now, but make sure to take a rope with you."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'sewer'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Our sewers are overrun with rats. If you own some equipment you could go down a sewer grate and fight the vermin."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'god'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "You can learn much about Tibia's gods in our library."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'gamemaster'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "If you have serious problems with the game or with other people who are harassing you, contact a counsellor or a gamemaster using CTRL+R."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'counsellor'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "If you have serious problems with the game or with other people who are harassing you, contact a counsellor or a gamemaster using CTRL+R."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'king'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Hail to King Tibianus! Long live our king! Not that he cares for an old veteran who is stuck on this godforsaken island..."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'obi'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "A cousin of Thais' smith Sam. He has a shop here where you can buy most stuff an adventurer needs."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'cipfried'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "A humble monk with healing powers, and a pupil of the great Quentin himself."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'amber'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "A traveller from the main land. I wonder what brought her here, since no one comes here of his own free will."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'willie'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Willie is a fine farmer, although he has short temper."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'hyacinth'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "A mysterious druid who lives somewhere in the wilderness. He sells precious life fluids."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'dallheim'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Oh good Dallheim! What a fighter he is! Without him we would be doomed."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'al dee'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is a shop owner in the northwestern part of the village."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'quentin'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is responsible for the temple in Thais."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'life fluid'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "A rare magic potion that restores health."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'bug'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Nasty little creatures, but once you have a suitable weapon and perhaps a shield they will be no match for you."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'weapon'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "You need fine weapons to fight the tougher beasts. Unfortunately only the most basic weapons and armor are available here. You will have to fight some monsters to get a better weapon."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'magic'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The only magic-user on this isle is old Hyacinth."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'tibia'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Oh, how I miss the crowded streets of Thais. I know one day I will get promoted and get a job at the castle... I must get out of here! The faster the better! It is people like you who are driving me mad."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'castle'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The castle of Thais is the greatest achievement in Tibian history."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'smuggler'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "They are pretty annoying yes, they use to steal food and water from the basement here.. I hope someday there will be a player that can help us get rid of them once and for all."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'time'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It is |TIME|, so you are late. Hurry!"})

function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if not npcHandler:isFocused(cid) then
        return false
    end

if msgcontains(msg, 'dungeon') and getPlayerLevel(cid) < 3 then
    npcHandler:say('There are some dungeons on this isle, but almost all of them are too dangerous for you at the moment.')

elseif msgcontains(msg, 'dungeon') and getPlayerLevel(cid) > 2 then
    npcHandler:say('There are some dungeons on this isle. You should be strong enough to explore them now, but make sure to take a rope with you.')

elseif msgcontains(msg, 'mission') and getPlayerLevel(cid) < 4 or msgcontains(msg, 'quest') and getPlayerLevel(cid) < 4 then
    npcHandler:say('You are pretty inexperienced. I think killing rats is a suitable challenge for you. For each fresh rat I will give you two shiny coins of gold.')

elseif msgcontains(msg, 'mission') and getPlayerLevel(cid) > 3 or msgcontains(msg, 'quest') and getPlayerLevel(cid) > 3 then
    npcHandler:say('Well I would like to send our king a little present, but I do not have a suitable box. If you find a nice box, please bring it to me.')

elseif msgcontains(msg, 'key') then
    npcHandler:say('Do you want to buy the Key to Adventure for 5 gold coins?')
    talk_state = 0

elseif msgcontains(msg, 'yes') and talk_state == 1 and getPlayerMoney(cid) >= 5 then
    npcHandler:say('Here you are.')
    doPlayerRemoveMoney(cid, 5)
    key = doPlayerAddItem(cid, 2088,1)
    doSetItemActionId(key,4600)
    doSetItemSpecialDescription(key, "(key: 4600)")
    talk_state = 0
    elseif msgcontains(msg, 'yes') and talk_state == 1 and getPlayerMoney(cid) < 5 then
    npcHandler:say('You don\'t have enough money.')
    elseif msgcontains(msg, 'no') and talk_state == 1 then
    npcHandler:say('As you wish.')
    talk_state = 0

elseif msgcontains(msg, 'box') then
    npcHandler:say('Do you have a suitable present box for me?')
    talk_state = 2

elseif msgcontains(msg, 'yes') and talk_state == 2 and getPlayerItemCount(cid,1990) >= 1 then
    npcHandler:say('THANK YOU! Here is a helmet that will serve you well.')
    doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 1990, 1)
    doPlayerAddItem(cid, 2480, 1)
    talk_state = 0
    elseif msgcontains(msg, 'yes') and talk_state == 2 and getPlayerItemCount(cid,1990) == 0 then
    npcHandler:say('HEY! You don\'t have one! Stop playing tricks on fooling me or I will give you some extra work!')
    talk_state = 0
    elseif msgcontains(msg, '') and talk_state == 2 then
    npcHandler:say('HEY! You don\'t have one! Stop playing tricks on fooling me or I will give you some extra work!')
    talk_state = 0

elseif msgcontains(msg, 'fuck') then
    if getPlayerSex(cid) == 0 then
    npcHandler:say("For this remark I will wash your mouth with soap, young lady!", 1)
    doSendMagicEffect(getPlayerPosition(cid), 7)
    elseif getPlayerSex(cid) == 1 then
    npcHandler:say("For this remark I will wash your mouth with soap, young man!", 1)
    doSendMagicEffect(getPlayerPosition(cid), 7)   
    end

elseif msgcontains(msg, 'rat') then
    npcHandler:say("Have you brought dead rats to me to pick up your reward?", 1)
    talk_state = 3

elseif talk_state == 3 and msgcontains(msg, 'yes') then
    AMOUNTRAT = getPlayerItemCount(cid,2813)
    if AMOUNTRAT >= 1 then
    if doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 2813, AMOUNTRAT) == true then
    doPlayerAddMoney(cid, AMOUNTRAT*2)
    npcHandler:say("Thank you! Here is your reward.", 1)
    talk_state = 0
    end
    else
    npcHandler:say("HEY! You don't have one! Stop playing tricks on fooling me or I will give you some extra work!", 1)
    talk_state = 0
    end

elseif talk_state == 3 and msgcontains(msg, '') then
    npcHandler:say("Go and find some rats to kill!", 1)
    talk_state = 0

end       
    return true
end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Back