• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Shared mapping

El Diablo

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was bored and got to thinking about how map editors have always been external programs that are used outside of the server and for single person use, such as RME. Has there ever been ideas for creating a map editor that works as a public "server" and multiple editors can contribute and build together simultaneously? It would be neat, almost like minecraft but for developing worlds. Anyhow, just putting this out there to spark some conversation and see what others thought. :)

Someone made it before but no one updated it since client 9.31

To be fair, this would be awesome for team mapping, but having everyone contribute without anyone ”being in charge” would never make a good map i belive.
But having a plan for it and having some contribute and be able to map in real time would be dope.

Live mapping did not work that good if i remember correctly, i think people wanted to use it, but it was just better to pass around the .otmb file.

It was very buggy and crashed a lot that followed plenty of lost work. I liked it, but it didnt work with the current coding. Maybe someone can update it and make it better and more stable.

Someone made it before but no one updated it since client 9.31
Oh dang, that is fantastic! Thanks for bringing this up.

To be fair, this would be awesome for team mapping, but having everyone contribute without anyone ”being in charge” would never make a good map i belive.
But having a plan for it and having some contribute and be able to map in real time would be dope.

Live mapping did not work that good if i remember correctly, i think people wanted to use it, but it was just better to pass around the .otmb file.
I could definitely see that being troublesome, though I could definitely have some fun with my buds on a design goal.

That festure it's included un rme 3.2 for any protocol
That is fantasic if so! :)

It was very buggy and crashed a lot that followed plenty of lost work. I liked it, but it didnt work with the current coding. Maybe someone can update it and make it better and more stable.
Dang... yeah hopefully someone can make it better!

I just thought this was a neat idea because back when Minecraft was still relevant I would build with the boys and we'd have a good time sharing our creations. It'd be cooler if it could be done with the ability to test it while building too with an ingame deployment. That would be a lot harder to program though I'm sure lol

Back