• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[SHOUT OUT] from back in the days!

God Gabbe

Reaction score
hello, havn't been active since about 2007? 2009?
Not really sure cuz i don't remember.
Well.. Im asking to see for what people that was active back then
Is active now?
This is people i had some contact with:

-Kornholijo (Thank you, alot of help but you were very Young)
-peekay
-Vitor (this Guy helped me alot)
-Talaturen (my worst enemy, haha)
-Sim0ne (this Guy helped me alot)

Since there is no more otfans (got damn it was good), i want to create a community feeling aswell here as in otfans. Is otfans hacked? I want it back!
I want to discuss unecessary stuff but also important stuff for the developement of Otservers.

Right now im back at worldoflastwar.com
New owner couldnt handle it so i took it back.

Just wanted to say im back!

Last edited:
StiX now owns otfans and he tried to revive it multiple times and failed.

Welcome back. The open tibia community isn't like it was before. You'll most likely be disappointed.

However, its nice for old faces to come back. Good luck for the future whatever it may be.

StiX now owns otfans and he tried to revive it multiple times and failed.

Welcome back. The open tibia community isn't like it was before. You'll most likely be disappointed.

However, its nice for old faces to come back. Good luck for the future whatever it may be.
Why did it fail? and yeah ive noticed its more and more about moneymaking?

Why did it fail? and yeah ive noticed its more and more about moneymaking?
Nobody wanted to go there from otland. Fun part was I got to see my account from 2005 and login etc haha

Moneymaking? This community expects everything for free but when they have something someone needs, there's a price on it.

The most active forum BY FAR is the support. Literally the rest of the forum is almost dead.

Nobody wanted to go there from otland. Fun part was I got to see my account from 2005 and login etc haha

Moneymaking? This community expects everything for free but when they have something someone needs, there's a price on it.

The most active forum BY FAR is the support. Literally the rest of the forum is almost dead.
Is the otscene dieng? is that what you say?

Is the otscene dieng? is that what you say?

Tibia and Open Tibia is dying. Unless you have a ton of fans of your server I can't see it going anywhere.

By all means, do not give up. I checked your website for a short amount of time and I can't see anything amazing about it though.

Tibia and Open Tibia is dying. Unless you have a ton of fans of your server I can't see it going anywhere.

By all means, do not give up. I checked your website for a short amount of time and I can't see anything amazing about it though.
What about now then? :p

Haha, what a joke. More OT-players than Tibia players so yes, Tibia is dying. OT? No? :p soon one or another project will become the Dota or CS of Tibia i'm sure. There's basically hundrds of thousand half-active tibia players and probably much more that doesn't have to take a big step to go back playing Tibia/OT if there's someone that manages to improve it beyond its current state.

Haha, what a joke. More OT-players than Tibia players so yes, Tibia is dying. OT? No? :p soon one or another project will become the Dota or CS of Tibia i'm sure. There's basically hundrds of thousand half-active tibia players and probably much more that doesn't have to take a big step to go back playing Tibia/OT if there's someone that manages to improve it beyond its current state.

In terms of forum support, and an active community, then yes, it is not what it used to be 7-8 years ago when i joined OTFans and this forum. I wouldn't say it is dying, but it has been on a downward spiral ever since its peak.

So 7-8 years ago OT had more players? Or do you mean the forum activity in general? I would guess there's more OT players but less forum-active, since now about 100k+ have learned to use OT but many have perhaps settled down on servers while before there was a sort of migration happening.

7-8 years ago there were more ot players AND therefore more forum activity.

There's about the same amount of ot players as tibia. So yes it's dying.

Based off otservlist stats. Maybe a thousand different whatever it's still around the same.

Currently 18k players on 456 otservers
Currently 20k players on Tibia servers not sure how many servers they have

And it's the same stats majority of the day - this is peak hours I'm talking

So please get some stats that you can show me and I'll be happy to take a look other than that stop talking out your asshole saying OT is more popular than tibia.

In my opinion good custom OT's are dying because of the cost to sustain a stable server, so everyone trades their awesome server goals for donation items added in, which ruin the dynamic of the game for alot of people.

Maybe.
tibia took a small turn for the worse after 7.72, then after 8.6 they made the small turn into a full U-turn.
There's a common problem in the vast majority of mmos game developers, and even more so in cipsoft. What's this problem I'm talking about?
Focusing on the wrong shit.

Why ot's are dying I know exactly why. It's the same reason for me even here on otland.
90% of the top servers are rl maps or weird baiak servers, like really?
It's not that people are not interested in things other than rl maps, it's that the developers with potential only make rl maps.
Almost all the custom ones are shit and don't even deserve attention.

So why am I here which is the same reason to why ots are dying?
All these servs are friggin boring. rl map? go play rl tibia.
"nonono mine's a "custom" rl map it's not the same thing." Just make your own map from scratch dude cipsoft can't map for 5 cents, or better yet, scrape together the awesome ones you can find here and make a fkn masterpiece.
Cipsoft is going down the drain, so why everyone is following their example I'm trying to figure out, but really have not been able to find a single clue.

so 1. the sheer amount of rl maps is way too big & the custom ones don't really amount to much.
2. the BORING factor is too damn high. I've played on countless ots, more so than anyone I know. These days it seems everyone is focusing on their "complex systems" and seriousness here and there.
All my friends that used to play ots with me all say the same thing, "there's no FUN ot these days". Most players couldn't give 2 shits about how well developed your server is, if it's boring we aint playing.
I can have more FUN going on a random 0 player server for 1h than most of the top ones.
Basically my reason for coming here was me having been looking for a FUN server for too long so I decided I might as well just make one myself.

As it is right now this game is lucky it's even alive today, all for the fact that it captured our child hearts back in the early 2000's, if not I know for sure that a TON of people that are here now would've switched to another game and never looked back since a long time ago.

I could go even deeper but this post has already become quite long, so
Welcome back gabbe, hope you make a fun server I can enjoy^^
Maybe..?
http://worldoflastwar.com/home/map.php

Back