• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Simple Group Chat (Beta)

Zisly

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
GroupChatLogopsd.jpg

Logo by: R3ignlasting

I just saw that I was basically done with the group chat, so I decided to fix it fast and compile it.
This is the beta, but what I can see everything works as it should, the only thing that is messing around sometimes is the Database Manager.

What is SGC?

It's a simple group chat, you could say it's like IRC but more basic.
You can change font color,style and size.
As the hoster of the server you can kick,ban,delete and create users.
The download comes with a helpfile on how to set it up.

Download Client: SGC V.1.0 Beta (Client).rar
Download Server: SGC V.1.0 Beta (Server).rar

Your anti-virus might say it is a virus, but it's not, it's a false positive.
Read about it here: http://otland.net/f19/about-autoit-programs-23487/
If you don't feel like downloading it, then just don't do it, it's as simple as that.

Well, if you find any bugs/errors or you have a suggestion, please post it.

Great work :p
Theres a Delphi example, without an server, everybody talks in the same place...

Great work :p
Theres a Delphi example, without an server, everybody talks in the same place...
Ok, well I have no idea how to just make a client which searches for other clients over the whole world without a server.
If you don't want to enter the other guys IP.

Hey, I can't start the server.. :( I click the SQLite Create exe and it says "database has been created" But when I try to start the server it says that I haven't got a database, and that I should create one.

What to do? :confused:

Hum.. are you sure the database is there?
Also, check the config might be there

I don't get a database.db3 file even tho it says database created.

Works to start the server now, but when I try to add a user it just gives me a strange error message,
Line -1:

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

Works to start the server now, but when I try to add a user it just gives me a strange error message,
If you downloaded the database and fixed the config then you will have to wait.
I'll check what dll the SQLite functions use when I get home.

Back