• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Text Effect Small web 2.0 text tutorial

Xenios

Senator
Reaction score
Hello, I decided to make a new text effect tutorial. It contains 7 steps each step tells you what you must do, so follow them.

Now let's start with the tutorial.

Step 1: I will start with a new 400x200 pixels document.

designtutpic1uj5.png

Step: 2 Now I will type Otland with text type: Georgia, 48 pt, Black like this:

designtutpic2ji9.png

Step 3: Add a new layer style of the text and then go to 'Gradient Overlay' and change the settings as below here:

designtutpic4un0.png

The settings of the gradient are: left side #336699 (location: 0%) middle: 6699cc (location 50%) Right side #ffffff (location 100%).

Step 4: Now duplicate the text layer (Right click -> duplicate layer) and go to edit -> Transform -> Flip vertical and place it under the orginal text then you go again to the layer style but then of your duplicate -> gradient overlay -> change the gradient colors: left side #336699 (location: 40%) right side #6195c9 (location: 100%) also change the Opacity to 45%.

designtutpic5wz9.png

Step 5: Right click on the duplicate -> Rasterize type then take the elliptical marquee tool.

designtutpic6it5.png

Step 6: Now set Feather to 30 and select a part of the text, don't sellect everything then you press one time or more on delete.

designtutpic7sr1.png

Step 7: As final you can add other things you want like I placed a line between the text.

otlandweb20tutorialui8.png

You are done now, I hope you will be able to create something like this or even better.

If you have any questions about the tutorial or saw some mistakes from me then I will be glad to change/awnser it.

Step 4: Now duplicate the text layer (Right click -> duplicate layer) and go to edit -> Transform -> Flip vertical and place it under the orginal text then you go again to the layer style but then of your duplicate -> gradient overlay -> change the gradient colors: left side #336699 (location: 40%) right side #6195c9 (location: 100%) also change the Opacity to 45%.

that is hard to follow, i keep messing up..

@Alex MD: The Opacity can be found at the layer palette.

naamloosoy0.png

You will need to duplicate the layer with the text on it. just right click on that layer then click in the list Duplicate layer.... then when you did that you go to edit in the menu on the top and click on Transform you will see a list with things, you need to click on Flip vertical.

Now you must move the layer under the orginal text.
next you go to layer style by click on this icon:
fertertegr4.png
and follow the rest.

Great tutorial for beginners! Rep++

*wait... I can't... give you rep... xD... I'll give it when I can again :#

Back