• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Something really stable and complete

Nasso

Reaction score
Im looking for a Open Tibia server that is really stable and complete.
I have tried The Forgotten Server 0.2patch22 och 0.3b2 but 0.2 had no npcs and 0.3b had a nasty bug with the oracle so neither of them where complete or playable.

I dont have many requirements, it just has to be really stable and ready to play without having to add maps or npcs or items or anything like that. Versions doesnt matter. Dont need all "new" functions like the skullsystem and such. XML or SQL doesnt matter. Doesnt need to be real tibia map, but could be. If it is possible i would like a server with sourcecode so that i can compile it myself and run it on my linux server. Possibly just a data-dir for the forgotten server, i can compile the right version of binary myself.

I have tried to look in the download sections of this forum but it all is kind of overwhelming, i just have to have some fun with about 5 friends.

Any suggestions of what i should use? I just want it stable and bug free :)

//Nasso

Last edited:
I found a solution. :)

The most recent version of EldinWorld is build on TFS0.3a4 which is compilable in linux. I swapped the binaries and had to tweak it some more (took me a few hour to get it working) but now it is up and running perfectly.

If anyone else is trying to get it to run in linux here are some hints.
Compile the tfs0.3a4 and just replace the binary from the eldinworld distribution. The biggest problem then is that the creator of eldinworld used windows and wasnt that concerned about upper and lower case. There is ALOT of errors related to this, references to files that starts with uppercase in the configurationfile but the actual file starts with lowercase. I did a ' ./tfs0.3.a4 | wc -l ' and that gave me over 700 rows of errormessages :)
I used a script to rename all files to all lowercase (check man rename) and then tried to convert all letters to lowercase in the lua-files but that didnt work out because some of the lua-functions uses uppercase names and lua is case sensitive.
The easiest solution is to mount vfat (fat32) partition with options to be "relaxed". The filesystem then doesnt care about upper or lowercase of treats it as the same. (check man fdisk, man mkfs.vfat, man mount) vfat sucks though as it has no real way to handle permissions so i had to run the server as superuser to allow it to write to the sqlite database. I actually run the server on a usb-drive i had laying around here, just formatted it in fat32.

Hope it helps someone :)

Back