• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Spawns

Should the current "useless" spawns be changed?

• Total voters

blumo

Reaction score
It seems to me like 3/4 of the spawns are never used...

Anything that can be done to these? New monsters? Or enlarge the spawns that are used by many?

Just wondering, Ive been on the server for a good while right now and I have only seen people go to Nightmares, For the most part... Mabey a couple other portals, but really once you get to a level to kill nightmares, then thats all you do, over and over and over again.

All what is used now is nightmares, vampires, werewolves, bkb for war, demons sometimes for war, poi for war, and uhmm. That's it? :p
When I was non donor I also leveld in Sea Serpents, so..

Pira~

Exactly, Theres many portals that have no use, mabey something can be done about it, just a suggestion/comment.

It will take at least 3 months to include new portals with new area's, you first need ideas of what you want there, what kind of area (jungle, water, desert w/e). And then still mapping takes ages etc etc..

Yes, I know how long mapping takes. But it would be a major upgrade to the server, Mm, When I get home I'll do some thinking, mabey something will happen, mabey not, worth a shot.

The thing is, some spawns are more useful than others, so will each spawn be consecutively better than the next? Some yield better loot, some yield unique loot, and others yield better experience. If we made one spawn better than another, why use the spawn previous? This was taken note of when nightmares were created, now we are making amends to make spawns that take a higher skill level yield more than the nightmares which take no skill at all. As for low level spawns, most are just unique monsters that do different things, one player may not be able to cope with ice witches, but be able to cope with cults. Cults are good experience, but aladins are better loot. Djinis yield decent experience, whilst Bog Raiders yield good loot.

Lastly, if you are concerned about the area of the teleport room, I'll wish you reconsider after the update is released tomorrow.
Red

Yes, You can think of it like each spawn has its own unique use, but most people don't think like that. For the length of time which people kill a certain creature, it just doesn't seem plausible to have so many teleports of such low exp creatures, COMPARED TO nighmares.

Personally, I'm not concerned about the teleport room, although its pretty plain, it does the job.

I see where you are coming from Red, it's just a suggestion, and from what I've heard from other people, They think the same.

Back