• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Special Blue Tiles?

Curb

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Its been a while since I use to work with map editors so I'm not familiar with them anymore.

I looked all around to know about this blue tiles covering the cities, but couldn't find what they do.

Does anyone knows what they do? And how to add/remove it?

Looks like Rookgaard is all covered with it.

Blue (dark and light) tiles means house tiles. Tile is light blue if house they belong to is focused in Houses tab. Tile is dark blue if house is inactive in tab. If you have Rookgaard covered with blue tiles that means some house is incorrectly set. To fix this, click for every house to find when tiles will change to light blue, then click "House tiles" and holding ctrl+shift delete from selected area.

P.S. And if your map have that kind of bugs better check for any hidden items under trees or something ;)

Hello Curb,
  1. Go to "view" and check/uncheck all the options to show, one might be blue in your remere's
  2. Go to "terrain palette", press "p2" and ctrl+click the sqm, press "no-pvp" and ctrl+click, "logout" and "pvp" + ctrl+click (ctrl+click removes the special tile, I don't think its any of those after u uploaded the browsefile but you can try)
  3. Go to "map" then "properties" and see what house.xml is loading
  4. Remove all towns in "map" + "edit town"
  5. Try making a new map + import this one, see if it keeps the blue tiles.
  6. Try another remere's version
  7. If none of those work, send me a part of the map I can check what it could be..
Have a good day,
Lops

1- if I uncheck "show special" they disappear.

none of them worked.

So you guys know, Im using the compiled RME version and the map from Nostalrius project.

Attachments

Care to elaborate on that?
The refreshable blue tiles are set to be affected by Floor Reset.

Ohh I see.

Well, I'm using the same map editor as this guy, and these blue tiles cover the entire town's, including houses.

How does one get rid of them? I have tried every button I can think of, but apparently I've missed something.

Select the tool in Palette -> Terrain Palette -> Select either one of the tools, NO-PVP for example and then hold CTRL while clicking on the tile to remove the special tiles.

Shift CTRL + Shift + Drag and click will let you delete a larger area of special tiles.

Yes - IDK why noone has explained this prior..

Those tiles are for NPVP - which is why they show in special. It literally means players can't attack others (although if having a rook, you can set a protection level anyway) - but it prevents rook stayers pking other rook stayers.

Protection zones etc will also cover this sort of blue - just press 'E' to disable it on map view, but in areas you don't want players pking eachother, use non pvp tiles.

Well. I don't think they are NPVP tiles. These tiles are around other places in the map, pretty much surrounding each city and some spawns.

I came to this topic, because I suspect it breaks the game. No errors in the server, or in the client, however, the character just stops moving around these tiles. I tried to delete the whole tile,but the highlight persists.

Just to clarify.
Curb mentioned in a previous reply he's using Nostalrius customized RME
It's the floor reset flag, shown only in this customized RME

If you came to this thread and you're not using Nostalrius or cip leaked files it's probably NPVP tiles

Well @Merlin its right! For ppl who is searching what are those tiles they are floor reset only in Nostalrius RME.

The question that I need to understand is how to set them? Bcause in case to make any edition in map, they need to be setted.

Back