• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Specs question

Joshuadaman

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
So I'm wanting to buy a cheap computer, good enough for minor gaming. Like tibia botting .. etc. Anyways, is this worth the money & how good are the specs?

AMD Athlon X2 processor
2.30GHz, 1MB L2 Cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)
Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
1TB SATA hard drive
Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more
DVD-RW
Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats
10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet
Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 210S Graphics

Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit Edition

For minor games only it might be enough. But its really limited.

4GB DDR2 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)
Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit Edition

With a 32-bit OS you can't even use all your RAM. If you're paying separately for an OS, I suggest not. 32-bit supports 4gb RAM, but at least for me Windows can/will only utilize 3 or so
Get an OS from a school store if you're a student, if not, you may be able to obtain Windows 7 another way and if you need a genuine version pay for the 7 -> 8 upgrade.

1TB SATA hard drive

Can you fill this much space? If not, consider downgrading and spending the money on something else.

DVD-RW
10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet

These can't really even be considered features, they're standards (DVD-RW may even be outdated if you're buying a laptop)

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 210S Graphics

afaik this doesn't even support HDMI :(
It sounds like you're buying a laptop from a website like Best Buy or something.
There's a good chance you're overpaying.

But as J.Dre said, post your budget, and what you've looked at (providing URLs) and you will most likely get some really good help.
Red

Unfortunately, with that budget, you won't find a PC for gaming. I can't help you, especially if you're not accepting custom builds. I'd say between $700 and $800, you can get a decent computer.

Sorry, bud. :(

Already put up a custom build for you and noticed that you didn't want a custom built, it would be much more effective this way but its up to you. Anyways, I recommend checking out newegg.com, they have plenty of items to choose from including what you're looking for, there is a section with computers, on left hand side you can choose the price point that fits your needs, and other specifications as well:

Newegg - Desktop Computers

And if you don't know much about choosing one, here are some:
$309 - Gateway - 2.8GHz - 4GB RAM - 500GB HDD - Windows 7 Home Premium
$386 - HP - Pentium 2.9GHz - 2GB RAM - 500GB HDD - Windows 8
$299 - Avatar - Athlon 3.0GHz - 4GB RAM - 500GB HDD - ATI Radeon 3000 - Windows 7 Starter
$229 - Avatar - AMD Dual-Core 1.6GHz - 4GB RAM - 320GH HDD - AMD Radeon HD 6310 - Windows 7 Starter

I personally wouldn't buy a pc from a store or any of those, buy since you want one that's pre-build thats your choice, they always stuff those with useless software, like those 30 days trials and games that you will never play, it takes away performance of the computer. If by any chance you will choose to build one now or anytime in the future you can always message me and I could help you out with it, there are also tons of tutorials how to build those.

Back