• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sprite Gallery, got ideas?

Zisly

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hum, I don't know if this is the best board to post this in but I can't find any better place.

Idea
The idea if this gallery was from the beginning just having a rather simple sprite gallery to organize sprites which had been contributed to the Tibian Resprite Project.
Now that I got some free time I started thinking about making something bigger out of it. Maybe some kind of community around it? where people can contribute with their sprites, comment and rate others, and possibly submit edits to a sprite.
And maybe some kind of sprite competitions could be added as well with medals, rankings and all that.
Because of possible copyright issues and stolen sprites, all public contribution to the gallery would be moderated. A way of reporting a sprite as stolen would also be a option.
Well, what I want now is ideas and features you would like to see, or if you would want something like this at all. I'm fine keeping the list as it is, but it would also be fun developing it further and see people using it.

Well, I guess the idea of sprites is too small for a community. This should rather be a module to some existing community.

Well as most of my code went to hell when my harddisk decided to stop working I haven't written that much of new code. Today I got the inspiration to start from scratch again, this time I even have a nice layout I found.

Frontpage of the gallery:

Well I've fixed browsing and searching by license type and item type.

Zisly , I am learning spriting , mostly editing and stuff , you can check my mount in my personal if you like , and I really like this idea and wish to support it in any way. Keep us informed about the progress. I am ready to contribute some great sprite mashups and other stuff that I got.

There are LOT LOT LOT of very nice and useful sprites under copyrights of their owners, so it would be great if this community would bring all artists together to discuss the existing sprites and add new ones for global or private usage.

Also , if it is going to contain copyrighted sprites , maybe you could make a system for auction/selling those sprites.
I mean , I really recall some epic sprites I saw that I'd like to use , but they're copyrighted , so hell yea why not buy them.

Long time, no update.
I have rewritten the source of Aperta CMS (formerly known as ZCMS) and started to update the sprite gallery code to work with it.

I added the features Nfriess88 proposed but the view files need to be updated to the new template. Features he proposed:

• Basic user system. User can upload (and remove uploaded) images. User can be banned for uploading copyrighted works. Small user information when viewing uploaded sprites telling number uploaded and ability to get a list of all sprites uploaded.
  • Basic license system. Some people might not be cool with public domain. Adding CC licenses may be wise. License should be shown with the image.
  • Multiple-download system. Ability to download a collection of chosen sprites as a .zip file (since I think .zip compression is readily available with PHP). If the above licensing choice is implemented, download should include the text for the most restrictive license on any of the sprites.

Little ss of the page I've fixed to fit with the template.

Back