• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

🇺🇦 Sprite Set - Donate or run fundraiser, get these sprites.

To be fair, I honestly do not get the "hype" (this might be wrong word to describe it) regarding the Ukraine-Russia war. There's been wars going on all over the world for decades at this point. Always a new war "popping up" every year somewhere that doesn't get the attention it needs. A lot of conflicts could have been resolved by now. But suddenly the Ukraine-Russia conflict gets all the attention. Don't get me wrong, I wish Ukraine the absolute best and that Russia loses hard. But it's getting to a point where the world only focuses on this single war, when there's currently a dozen major conflicts and wars going on in the world. The world has been completely brainwashed by the mass-media channels. If it's not on the front page of the news, then it doesn't exist apparantly.
It's a déjà vu? He we go again.

To be fair, I honestly do not get the "hype" (this might be wrong word to describe it) regarding the Ukraine-Russia war. There's been wars going on all over the world for decades at this point. Always a new war "popping up" every year somewhere that doesn't get the attention it needs. A lot of conflicts could have been resolved by now. But suddenly the Ukraine-Russia conflict gets all the attention. Don't get me wrong, I wish Ukraine the absolute best and that Russia loses hard. But it's getting to a point where the world only focuses on this single war, when there's currently a dozen major conflicts and wars going on in the world. The world has been completely brainwashed by the mass-media channels. If it's not on the front page of the news, then it doesn't exist apparantly.
Gallus Anonymous circa 1939

Well that's definitely the most r/EnlightenedCentrism/ thing I've read the entire year. Good god.

Yes, there are other wars, but those are mostly local conflicts and civil wars that go on for years already in regions that had never been stable (Middle East, Africa etc.). While this war is an invasion unseen in Europe since WW2, also the first military conflict since Yugoslavia (1995). Needless to say that the relations between Russia and NATO haven't been that bad since the end of the Cold War (1991). Indirectly it's a global conflict, under the risk of turning into WW3 (or another cold war). So no, it's not something that happens every year, atleast has not lately. And I'm not saying we shouldn't mourn other wars, just explaining why so much attention is given to Ukraine now.

Last edited:
Back