• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

sql syntax error

Virgel

Reaction score
Greetings...

i have downloaded and configured theforgottenserver. That was the easy part of it. When i try to insert theforgottenserver.sql and triggers.sql into my database, i got an error:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near "..." on line 1

I did try all, i have writen down the full sqls new by my self, but i still got an error! What do i make wrong?

Im using xampp and the old theforgottenserver.sql from 7.92 (Version 0.1.9) works perfekt! But the newer sql files give only problems when i try to creatre the new database.

Thx you very much for you help!

www.agiloo.de
German Seller Portal

Read mysql-help.txt or if you're upgrading database from older version then read IMPORTANT.txt.

Talaturen said:
Read mysql-help.txt or if you're upgrading database from older version then read IMPORTANT.txt.

first thx you talaturen...

but i have no problem with mysql, i can create a lot databases with the older theforgottenserver.sql. But i cant create databases with the sql files in the rar-file.

There is no problem with cmd or xampp, its a problem with the sql-files and i dont know what i should do to fix it :(

It is because 0.2.2 is using triggers which is not supported in phpMyAdmin, which is why you have to use commandline/terminal to insert the sql file, or do you mean that you cannot open the sql file at all? :eek:

When i have open cmd, then i go to my directory where the triggers.sql is and i put it:

c:forgotten mysql -u root forgotten -p < triggers.sql

after that it is asking for my pw...

then he gives me an error like this

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near "..." on line 1

i have tryd the things you have writen down in mysql-help also, but that doesnt work in any way! So i have searched for help and find another thing how to import triggers.sql, that works!!! But how you can read it doesnt work perfekt ;)

You're executing right command, must be that either triggers.sql somehow got corrupt or that you're running version 4 of MySQL, triggers are only supported in MySQL >=5.

Talaturen said:
You're executing right command, must be that either triggers.sql somehow got corrupt or that you're running version 4 of MySQL, triggers are only supported in MySQL >=5.

that may be!!! ill test it with xampp 1.6.2
i hope it will work then!

realy thx you!

keep up youre good work! i was using a older server from you and i was happy allways!

Btw: is it posible to create weapons like diablo2 ?

Sword
+ 2 swordskill
+ 50 HP
+ 5% Critical Hit

also random...

I don't think that critical hit is possible, but the HP and skill increasing part is possible.

Talaturen said:
I don't think that critical hit is possible, but the HP and skill increasing part is possible.

Is it posible for you, to include an example in youre next updates? that would be very great!

You may close this threat if you wish!

And once again thx you for you good work... keep it up!

Back