• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Stable SVN Release - COMING SOON!

Vagabond

Reaction score
http://otserv.org/index.php?title=Roadmap#Development_stages_to_release_0.6.0

Revnetsys has already been merged and bugs are being worked on as we speak.
Revdbsys is completed already, and I can't honestly forsee any major bugs with merging so I doubt it'll need much work.

My guess is that we have less than 6 weeks for this release. I'm pretty excited since I hate to use distros and have always used clean CVS/SVN for my projects since june '06, and a stable release means I won't have to worry about any bugs. Plus with the combination of revnetsys and revdbsys, my servers will be less laggy than ever!

Anyone else have any comments/opinions on this?

Last edited:
revnetsys will reduce lag and allow more players right?

if thats true then i'll probably start using clean SVN

Last edited:
revnetsys will reduce lag and allow more players right?

if thats true then i'll probably start using clean SVN

I can't imagine it not being implemented in TFS too. Talaturen's certainly aware of how great it is himself.
So if you're currently using TFS, you should just update once TFS has a stable revnet release.

Talaturen has already announced that he will include it in later versions of TFS, as soon as it has been released.

I knew about the revnet before. And I'm realy exited too, that will be great!

Kiper tell me, TFS is released in two versions, free (without revnetsys) and pay (with revnetsys)

..then I'll just need to make my own distro after this next stable release and blow TFS out of the water. That's all. :)

Whats is revnetsys?

In easy terms, it means you save a lot of Ram and bandwith.

In computer terms, all players are executed in one only thread (look in wikipedia for thread (computer science)) instead for one thread per player, as it is now.

In easy terms, it means you save a lot of Ram and bandwith.

It does neither.
It simply handles all the player on one thread, as you said. This minimizes CPU resource usage and effectively allows for many more players to be on an otserv without it lagging.

http://otserv.org/index.php?title=OpenTibia_Versions

The features list is already done :p

We just need a few more tests about the revnetsys, and I hope that with tala adding it to TFS it will help us on those tests ;)

After the SVN become stable again, revdbsys will be merged and more tests(and merging bugs) will come. After then, OpenTibiaServer version 0.6.0 will be released(more than a year of development until its release, omg o0)

Also, the version 0.7.0 has already started internaly :)
Both party and bed systems are already under discussion, or beeing coded.

(Hope ver. 0.7 to be a bit faster than 0.6 was x.X)

Cya :p

Well of course it took over a year to develop, it has three of the biggest (and best) changes OTServ's had. :p

If this is all we have to do before 0.7.0's release, I'm sure it'll only take a couple of months.

Also, development on revnetsys stopped for ~5 months. If they hadn't taken that break, it'd probably be out already. :p

Last edited:
Back