• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster Starting a server.

colton111

Reaction score
How much would it cost to get someone to help me make a 10.98 or newer server? Also how much does it cost to host one?

I always read these forums and try to make one myself but always run into problems. I play real tibia an it has dove into the ground in my opinion so I want to make my own. I have played a lot of OTs in my years of tibia but they all seem to be to “extra” or people just don't tend to them enough.

So if anyone would like to help for some cash or at least point me in the right direction... that would be appreciated!

First of all, if you're hoping for a server with 100+ players online at daytime, it's much more difficult and rare than you'd think. I feel like there's not so many people around anymore that's looking for OT's to play. I guess many have just settled for the ones out already or OT is simply dying, I'm not sure.

Feels like the only one that's somewhat populated are the ones that has either spoofed their server at some point/points or the owner is well-known or it's some kind of old server that is resetting. If people feel differently then I'm glad to hear your opinion, this is just what I feel is going on.

If you still feel like this doesn't matter then I'd say the cost is completely based on how much work(customisation or how incomplete the server you download is).

To deduce this you need to either find all info about the server you download(most likely at the servers github) and/or test everything so that it's working fine without bugs and no missing parts of the systems. I'd go with the newest TFS if I were you, I am not aware of how complete it is as a download & run but it's probably your best option.

Then you'll have to compile a list of all the things that need to be done and then you can send that list for people to look on so they can estimate an amount they'd find themselves pleased with. Or you find a person who already knows what needs to be done and discuss with that person.

If you wish to add your own customisation by yourself,
then a download & run server is easy and shouldn't cost you more than 30$ imo for someone to set it up for you on a hosting machine.

If you're going for OVH host which is the most popular one amongst OTS then a good host(dedicated) would go for 60-100$ monthly and like 70-120$ setup fee depending on what you choose, I'm sure there are cheaper options but that's what I know.

I hope this was somewhat insightful or helpful to you sir, it's not easy to guess an amount if someone doesn't know the workload beforehand, I also don't wanna write more than I already have as it already is too long. It's not a small topic for sure and I'm not here to write a book.

First of all, if you're hoping for a server with 100+ players online at daytime, it's much more difficult and rare than you'd think. I feel like there's not so many people around anymore that's looking for OT's to play. I guess many have just settled for the ones out already or OT is simply dying, I'm not sure.

Feels like the only one that's somewhat populated are the ones that has either spoofed their server at some point/points or the owner is well-known or it's some kind of old server that is resetting. If people feel differently then I'm glad to hear your opinion, this is just what I feel is going on.

If you still feel like this doesn't matter then I'd say the cost is completely based on how much work(customisation or how incomplete the server you download is).

To deduce this you need to either find all info about the server you download(most likely at the servers github) and/or test everything so that it's working fine without bugs and no missing parts of the systems. I'd go with the newest TFS if I were you, I am not aware of how complete it is as a download & run but it's probably your best option.

Then you'll have to compile a list of all the things that need to be done and then you can send that list for people to look on so they can estimate an amount they'd find themselves pleased with. Or you find a person who already knows what needs to be done and discuss with that person.

then a download & run server is easy and shouldn't cost you more than 30$ imo for someone to set it up for you on a hosting machine.

If you're going for OVH host which is the most popular one amongst OTS then a good host(dedicated) would go for 60-100$ monthly and like 70-120$ setup fee depending on what you choose, I'm sure there are cheaper options but that's what I know.

I hope this was somewhat insightful or helpful to you sir, it's not easy to guess an amount if someone doesn't know the workload beforehand, I also don't wanna write more than I already have as it already is too long. It's not a small topic for sure and I'm not here to write a book.

I think that currently only very few people are capable to make successfull servers not based on luck but on hard work. It's not just programming or map, but good time/team managment, ability to risk, knowledge of market and good ideas, not just ctrl+c from other servers. It's like minecraft/metin servers, after x years it is very hard to just join without knowledge, peoples etc. and make something really good + earn profit. There are ppl who working on otservers, programming etc. 10-15 years, tibia is much less populated than years ago and devs know a lot of more than before. Anyway 1.3 is best option for now cuz it have revescript implemented. Dedicated server can be much less than 60-100$, using 100$ dedicated server i can handle 800+ players and still have free space.

I think luck, no bugs and 24/7, its not hard work :) PPls want server without bugs and online 24/7

Yea I understand you just can’t throw a server up and everyone joins and pays money. Not really worried about the money. I have a full time job as it is. I just want something like a newer version of tibia with an rl map so me and my friends can play on it and i play almost every day so I could host events and what not and advertise for it. I’m just having trouble with getting it online. I’ve got a few online years back but always got stuck with editing with RME because couldn’t find files of this and that.

Okay, then the biggest issue for you is finding a good download server that is the most complete amongst distributions.
Hopefully someone with TFS(or different distributions) knowledge will reply to you, it might not have complete systems like NPCs, inaccurate spawns, bugs etc... or it might be exactly what you are looking for.
Getting it online on a hosting machine will probably cost you around 25-40$ or someone with time might do it for free if he don't care about money as it is a pretty easy job, I still think someone spending their time should be payed for as it is something that does require expertise.

I’ve got a few online years back but always got stuck with editing with RME because couldn’t find files of this and that.

If you got the chops to actually run an OT successfully, then the prerequisite work of figuring out how to customize RME palettes shouldn't be any concern. At the very least you should be able to locate this.

And while I have two colocated VPS hosts with gigabit uplinks, I don't host realmaps.

Back