• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • New resources must be posted under Resources tab. A discussion thread will be created automatically, you can't open threads manually anymore.

Feature Static Basespeed - (Everyone moves the same speed)

I

Icy

Just a little something I was working on, thought I'd share it.

Basically what this feature does is change every player so that they all move at the exact same speed. You can still haste to move faster, get para'd, move faster on ice / slower on grass etc... It changes it so that instead of starting with 220 speed and getting 2 more every level, you always have same speed.

Okay, starting off...
Vocation.cpp
Line: 470~, Replace:
Code:
baseSpeed = 220;
with
Code:
baseSpeed = 418;
Or whatever number you want, we'll use 418 (speed of a level 100)...

Player.h
Line: 740~, Replace
Code:
baseSpeed = vocation->getBaseSpeed() + (2 * (level - 1));
with
Code:
baseSpeed = 418;

And compile!

Don't forget to delete your .o files in your `dev-cpp/obj` directory before compiling as well as the .res file :)

P.s. I'm using REV 3664 (kind of old at time of posting, so IDK if there were any changes to the config of the C files.)

I know it's old but if I put baseSpeed = vocation->getBaseSpeed() that means I can configure basespeed for each class in .xml file?

isn't it already a part of TFS, or you're using some older version?

then you'll have to edit getBaseSpeed & setBaseSpeed to vocations.cpp & .h, preferably from 0.3.6

I'm using 0.3.6pl1 and I don't know how to configure it. It's already bult-in?

Back
Top Bottom