• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Store System] Call to developers

E

Evil Puncker

I know it is a pain in the a$$ to be making appeals like that in order to get our development going on, everyone has their own thing to care about, but our TFS is missing such a nice¹ feature since 2015 , the store system! like 95% of the code is already ready and done by the user @brunominervino since 2017, but life goes on and people don't have time to work on it anymore, so my call to developers is to someone who have time and knowledge and is whiling to help the community (as a whole), to take the old pull request and resurrect it in a new one... :) just like some users did already with other systems, like @Nekiro and the wrap furniture thing etc...

lets make our TFS greater than ever!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: if you want to help in a different way, you may want to place a bounty ta an ISSUE, to encourage the developer to do it
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

¹(okay, not nice, since people will use it to milk money, but aren't they doing that already?)

<cough>

A game store has lots of valid uses outside of milking your players.
Think of its other utility uses, the shipped code imo should be catered to using the store like a NPC shop (lets not feed into predatory micro transactions).

i.e.
The currency could be either of these things:
  • regular gold
  • daily-reward related
  • some kind of drop mechanic tied to monsters
I can see the last one being some kind of merchant skill vocation thing.
Tag loot on monster drop, gain merchant skill points if sold on market to player of different account <insert big brain logic here>

High value merchants who feed the regular item market get points to buy stuff in special distributor game shop etc.

Last edited:
OTClient doesn't even have a store module, can you go ahead and use otservbr instead of filling up TFS with all this garbage

OTClient doesn't even have a store module, can you go ahead and use otservbr instead of filling up TFS with all this garbage

My hunch is @kondra will add this to his OTCv8-TFS fork.
This is tied to the OTC issue and client tether issue imo.

If we were up-to-date with the protocol we could have a suitable game store base to work off.
@Evil Puncker you need to PM me on discord or open up your pms on otland or something.

A lovely idea, but my developer time is already accounted for the foreseeable future.
Gonna do some things no one else seems to want to do. 😩 With the other parts of the toolchain.

It is very sad to see that tfs stopped in time, we have to stop depending on the old developers and start developing, continue where we left off.
how much longer for tfs to have a store and new systems? :(
in the past our community had more unity.

TFS stopped in time because there aren't any fully open-source updated client to go along TFS.
I guess TFS developers will implement current protocols when OTClient or Unity client also support those changes.

Note that Otcv8 is not open source, so even if it can connect to Tibia 12 (I'm not sure if it can or not), TFS probrably won't follow it.

TFS stopped in time because there aren't any fully open-source updated client to go along TFS.
I guess TFS developers will implement current protocols when OTClient or Unity client also support those changes.

Note that Otcv8 is not open source, so even if it can connect to Tibia 12 (I'm not sure if it can or not), TFS probrably won't follow it.

The creator of unity client passed away so I don't think anyone is working on it currently

currently several servers are using OTCv8 and it constantly receives updates,
i don't understand the reason for not following it.

currently several servers are using OTCv8 and it constantly receives updates,
i don't understand the reason for not following it.
While it's the best client currently availible on the open market it is closed source and limits what can be done to it. This is an open source community so relying on a closed source application goes against it's ethos.

Despite OTlands uncertain future it still sticks by that principle wich make sense even if its at a cost.

If the big server owners pooled together and put some of their fundamental fixes into otclient, I'm not talking their massive custom features just the basic stuff it would probably put v8 out of business but that's just not going to happen in the current client unfornetly. So we are stuck were we are and will have to rely on people adding bits and pieces over the years to see if a client gets anywhere. Mehans done some good work so who knows maybe it happens.

Theirs also other other reasons but that's the main one.

Last edited:
So we are stuck were we are and will have to rely on people adding bits and pieces over the years to see if a client gets anywhere. Mehans done some good work so who knows maybe it happens.
I recently start understanding all of this topic because I've just learned how to compile and stuff.
This makes you understand which limits has OTCv8 and how much you can do with OTC
.... Checking this comment
Nightwolf said:
Ideally someone else could/should check this, I'm actually disappointed that the first feedback I got in this huge revamp only came now, almost 1 year later.
Give the idea that the users that are currently trying OTC and reporting test results/issues is low. I might be not right, ofc🤐 but if there's an unidentified bug related to battle module (one of the most used modules) it is because not much users are testing.

I know this thread is a call to developers, but if OTC users identify where are the untested/bugged issues here, that probably make the work easier for programmers and moving forward. But not issues about adding new modules, the focus should be on testing tibiaclient-tfs branch main features 🤔

This is an excuse, and not the real reason either.

OT development has in the past always kept up with tibia client, not some third party client.
Circumstances change, and that's what always happens. That's life.

The community has for a long time, been a magnet for profit seekers, people who know nothing about computer science and don't wish to learn.

Then there are those who come here seeking to learn, the new generation of learners need to start a new generation of development

Back