• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Sub contest section in the small art section

• Thread starter Deleted member 92788
  • Start date
There needs to be more activity in the art section, other than spriters etc.

-Signed

should be SOTW though, for an inactive board I think weekly would help better :p

I will happily volunteer to host the frequent competitions as alot of my activity around the small art forum is to increase activity of others. i.e. the spriting competition i held, the spriter vs spriter thread i started. The original small art inspiration thread - before someone else made a new one and overtook mine D:

I became a spriter because i could not find one for my project and ever since i have been encouraging new spriters as it is so easy to pick up and frankly i enjoy it :)

I understand small art covers signatures but a lot of this boards activity is spriting. So i would suggest a "Hall of fame thread for both signatures and sprites" This will hold Sprite and signature of the month on the top of the page with creators info etc :) The will also be a thread inwhich candidates can be put forward. Just like the mapping contests. We need no contest as such (as these can be done seperately) but our "hall of fame" can follow the same principles.

And we can have a second post under the original with previous winners and their work to be present on it :)

This way - both spriters and other designers benefit.

Signed! :-D

I'll get more active at art boards as well if this gets implented, and I will as well if not.

Signed,

I predict that a lazy moderator will come in and say "There is already a board for this."
I don't think moderators understand the concept of a "new idea", they just keep on insisting that the board in its place is the right one for it.
I say go with the flow, besides it isn't that hard.. it isn't rocket science, all you have to do is click a few buttons.

There isnt a board for this lol and it is probably being considered

- - - Updated - - -

But itll be their idea*

I won't add a board which will just consist of max two threads for an entire month, start by hosting these contests in the Small Art board and if they become popular we will create a board for them to keep it more organized. I personally don't have time to host any official contest where we would provide premium subscriptions to the winners, but if anyone in the OtLand staff has time for that, they have my permission to host such contests.

Well there is already a "non stickied" inspiration thread. There has been numouress competitions that i, myself have hosted along with reasembled and others. There is a spriter vs spriter competition thread. It is just they get lost in everyones signature/spriting threads. The continuity within a subcontest board would come from the 2 competition threads. At least this way it keeps the threads clean like the mapping board. I respect your decision but the mapping competition sub forum only has a few contests per month + the mapper vs mapper thread that are active. The odd few unofficial contests yes. But that is the same as the small art board.

Except apparently it is not the same :S.

Both have frequent (or will have) competitions. There are mapper vs mapper and spriter vs spriter threads. And possibly a designer vs designer thread. The same justification of having the sub forum in mapping for contests applies to the small art board does it not?

Maybe instead of having a subforum for mapping contests having a forum for all contests?
like you said, the mapping contest area only has a the official map contest, the mapper vs mapper and the occasional unofficial contest, its also a low use, and also like tala said, its useless to make a new sub-board just for art contests, so merging all contests into 1 board would probably be the best bet

SoTWs always seem to die out due to participation. If it's done my suggestion is to create moderators for the section and have them participate. Take an hour out of the day and create a signature to keeps the entries coming. SoTW isn't fun when 3 people enter..

Maybe even offer a reward.. something simple. Name change, rep, name customization. Oh, and of course pick following week theme.

As talaturen stated. Free premium to the winners.

Well, I wouldnt mind doing it, but I don't have modding rights there, so even if I create a thread there, I can't sticky it :(

Back