• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Suggestion] Unify Tibia.spr and Tibia.dat

Do you think it would be a good idea?

• Hell yeah! DEVS MAKE THIS!!!

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Naaah! too many files!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but in one file.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, this is stupid!

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Shinmaru

エロルアー Scripter!
Reaction score
Here is my suggestion, OTClient should unify the .spr and .dat files into one, but make them at the same time individual, perhaps into .dgfx files(name can change)(Data & Graphics files). I took the idea from Black Demon's Item & Dat editor, the program used to allow you to create an .oti ? file that contained the data and sprites that where necessary for the particular item. So I got thinking, "Why not have a client just use that?" I think that would be great to have since it will allow to customize client Graphics and Data on single files instead of having compiling a bulk of it, also, there would be no limits, how .spr and .dat files have? not sure but I remembered that the .spr and .dat have a limit on how many items it can have.

Tell me what you think and if many people like it, then we can "bother" the devs to implement it. :p

It makes no difference, the limit is caused by the client.

/\ are u saying that if i activate the feature 'GameSpritesU32' i can use the 960 .spr in a 854 server? ;x

You might have to change some other parts but it is not hard to use newer .spr and .dat on older client versions.

Back