• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Summer Update 2020

Unknown Soldier

Mapping a map
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

just wondering, if the software used in gif file in there is some software related to open tibia, or is there a chance it is directly from cipsoft?
It's quite interesting, cause there is no info about this years' summer test server yet, and the sprites already leaked...

BTW

Greetings!

Last edited:
they have the real tools, our tools are just copy cat 😂
This is not cips screenshot, but most likely tibia wikia screenshot and I guess they got early access to stuff. Also you can see c# in this gif, to me it looks amateur, but who knows maybe their tools are written in c#/WPF

I'm still wondering how is it possible that those sprites are getting worse with every update.

This is not cips screenshot, but most likely tibia wikia screenshot and I guess they got early access to stuff. Also you can see c# in this gif, to me it looks amateur, but who knows maybe their tools are written in c#/WPF
This is TibiaWiki’s screenshot. That is their personal tool and it is written in C#. They didn’t get early access, the test server client is already publicly available if you know the URL. I wrote some code that lets me pull down the test client (and needed files), decompresses everything, and puts everything in the proper directory structure so I can run it. This lets me start working on protocol changes before the test server is live (since I never make an effort to get invited).

I can hardly believe my eyes when I see new mapping, it is really bad and bugged, they can afford an artist to do quality stuff, but I hate that they just don't give a duck about the visual quality of their map. Recently been playing a little with new sprites with elven theme... I am quite impressed how good stuff can be done with it, but somehow they decided to build two square, simple and boring castles... why?

@jo3bingham
Besides new sprites, they also have names of the creatures too, and some simple info about equipment, like name and level requirement or dmg type.

they have the real tools, our tools are just copy cat 😂
At 38~ seconds left in the video the camera pans up. At that time its possible to see the title of the window which reads "TibiaWiki Tools".

Back