• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Super spell system pseudo code

oooh i love that idea. itll give it a very real feel. im sure players will hate it but thats all right. what else do you have in mind?

I was also thinking of something like "lastExecution" or something, as another variable for formulas, that will show in seconds when you last executed the spell... Not sure if it will be useful but I thought maybe like the spell maker would like to make an increased damage if the spell hasn't been used for sometime, or decrease if it's used within x seconds... To use it in the formula to reduce damage if used between 10 second rage, so e.g. if I use a spell, then again after 3 seconds, maybe it's a very powerful spell and is supposed to be powerful but will become overpowered if spammed, so maybe we want to make it damage less when used not to strategic or whatever! :p

2000th post! hEHEH :D

That reminds me of Secret of Mana how it has a bar that fills up, while its filling if you attack the damage will be weaker than if the bar was to be full.
That would be an awesome idea, you'll have to create a special condition for the players casting spells and it should work with a '5' or '10' second "CoolDown"(preferably 10 seconds) then you take 10 seconds and convert it in to percentage , then with a formula it will take that percentage and use it to change that spells damage.

Back