• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team [Team] Alagaësia Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karel

Reaction score
okey, i was thinking of this today, i planned to map the land of Alagaësia (book/movie eragon), but since it's kinda huge i decided to try to make a complete server of it. so i'm looking for a team with about 3~4 mappers, 2 scripters, a hoster and somebody who can edit sources(forgot name). From the scripters i would like to get npcs, monsters, spells (based on the book) from the mappers a close to real alagaësia map(link:
Alagaesia.jpg

and the hoster 24/7 hosting.
(i'm from holland)

Mappers[3/3] me, nilfhalat, dudeim ---> no spots free
Scripters[3/3] nilfhalat, fanta1, master exploder ---> no spots free
Spriter[0/1]
c++ editer [0/1]
Hoster [0/1]

pm me with this info:
Code:
-Name:
-Why should i pick you:
-Experience with the job you want:
-[mapper] some of your work:
You must be able to speak englis pretty good!
and for the mappers there's another requirement, you should've read the book!(not seen the movie because it isn't like the book describes).

(testers, just post in this topic, i will randomly pick some people, do not pm me!)
we created a guild system that is different then you've ever seen , and you will get more info when you joined the team

i still need a c++ coder, a spriter and a hoster
for the hoster (it will still take 5~6 months before the server will be 100% finished)
some server info: well, 75% of the server is based on eragon, the other of some home-cooked ideas which will be awesome, but i'm only going to tell them if you join the team.
server exp will be 3~5x

thx for the reading
~Karel
~Nilfhalat

Last edited by a moderator:
ow, sec will fix it when i'm at home (at school now, illegal forum reading :p)

question: will you do all the unvisited, places? e.g the dwarfes other cities, and such that probably wont be described untill the third book is out?

also, the desert is HUGE and has NO life at all, due to the complete lack of water (exept if u like eragon and is awesome n drag it out from 5~ m under the ground)

will you do it as huge? also, i think the map would be too large, it would take like 10 minutes too load it :p

(if it even fit the mapeditor)

edit: if you find a way around those problems, i can probably host it. (at which time i will post a rightly done application)

Last edited:
question: will you do all the unvisited, places? e.g the dwarfes other cities, and such that probably wont be described untill the third book is out?

also, the desert is HUGE and has NO life at all, due to the complete lack of water (exept if u like eragon and is awesome n drag it out from 5~ m under the ground)

will you do it as huge? also, i think the map would be too large, it would take like 10 minutes too load it :p

(if it even fit the mapeditor)

edit: if you find a way around those problems, i can probably host it. (at which time i will post a rightly done application)

i will create all the cities yes, but i think i've read the third book already before i start at the beor mountains.
i will modify the desert a bit, mountains with hyenas, that human-like monster (don't remember the name), i will also make dragon lairs, and tombs underneath the desert.
well, the map ground (undetailed and created) is done for 10% and it takes 4 secs to load it in server, and 10secs to load in map-editor, and i've created the map size 7650*5000 already (and yes it fit's up in the me)

it works now :p

on-topic:
seems like an good project but i dout if it's very serious

off-topic:
I'v seen that map before in real life but i'm not sure where, are u registered in the highschool O.R.S Lek En Linge (willemslaan) in holland?

on-topic, it's serious
offtopic, nop, i'm not registered at that school, doing gymnasium (third year) in arnhem
edit: it's the map from eragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back