• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scripter [Team]The Ancient World

Karel

Reaction score
d.jpg
ear otland members,
Me and my friend Mindstorm are going to create an server, which was his idea.
The basic idea was to create Atlantis, with 4 cities, we didn't want players to be able to walk straight into the mighty city of atlantis, that's why a player has to do 5 tasks.
In 1 city the player has to defend a town which is being attacked, this can be at some different ways like help fighting, making potions or loading the catapults.
The second npc has lost an item, it has fallen of a cliff into a deep mountain with a nasty monster. He'll ask you to bring back his item. This can be doen at two ways:
1. you just kill it
2. you first do some sub tasks, like blowing up the wood which support the wait of the mountain, and will let the rocks kill the monster (ofc this is not like, pull a lever)
Third npc:
he is some kind of a druid who makes heal potions, but he ran out of stock, and he will ask you to gather him some herbs in the jungle, which is in form of a maze where you will have to do some different sub tasks before you will be able to pick up the herb.
the fourth npc:
this will be a non-human npc who speaks a different language, you will have to learn this language by going to the Ancient Library, open some books and the npc will talk normal english to you.
the last npc:
this will be the boat npc, he needs an compass to sail to atlantis, and you will have to get it for him. The npc will ask you some questions, each question contains a hint, the more questions answered correct, the more hints you get. (note at least 3/5 questions must be answered correctly!) there will be like 20 questions asked random, so nobody gets the same questions.

after you've done all these missions, you will be able to enter the great city of Atlantis! this will be a peacefull city, but the it will have 3 rings, 2 will be peacefull, the last one won't. Atlantis will get some dungeons with nasty monsters where you can learn new spells or get awesome items.
------------------------------------------------
a picture of atlantis:
atlantistcapitol.jpg

and some screenshots of what is done of the map so far:
rgt1.jpg

rookgard temple
teaser1s14.jpg

atlantis depot
rgt2.jpg

paladin shop, just a random screenshot
------------------------------------------------
alright, that was about the server itself
now the application part
we need:
  • 1 or 2 scripters
  • a mapper
we want:
  • age 15+ (we make exceptions, i'm only 14)
  • people who put effort in their work
  • you must be able to take critism (or whatever)
we don't want
  • people who only want a gm, cuz that means buhbye
  • people who don't functionate properly in a team
  • people who do just whatever they want
the form:
Code:
Name:
Way to contact you:
Example of you're work:
Why should we pick you?:
it's not necissary, but it would be good if you had some knowledge about atlantis
and not that we don't want mappers, but they will have to do a test, so we can see how good you really are.
if you have any further question pm me or Mindstorm, or send an email to [email protected]
happy newand we hope we can welcome you to our team
greetings~
Heer Karel (mapper/scripter)
Mindstorm (scripter/c++/php)
The Ancient World

Last edited:
Name: Mateo.
Job you're applying for: GameMaster or Tutor or anything else needed.
Way to contact you: [email protected] (MSN).
Example of you're work: Helping, maybe scripting spells or website.
Why should we pick you?: I can help everyone, i know all needed commands.

Page not found …but while you're at Photobucket, why not try:

That's what photobucket says about your screenshots =\

And could you tell me whats exactly the job of a stroyliner?

Well i'm not aplying to be an lua scripter but i can atleast help with scripting, if you have problems or anything just pm me and i'll do my best

Name: Diego
Job you're applying for: Mapper
Way to contact you: [email protected] or PM
Example of you're work: Well, i don't have ready examples, but just say what you want.. like 'a cave or dragons'.. i'll do and you'll see if you like it or not
Why should we pick you?: because i have nice ideas for the server xD.. and i'm kinda good mapper

Back