• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.2 exceeding packet limit when tp to pos

Tbol

Reaction score
Hello,
have super weird issue where i get kicked out of the game when i tp with admin to exact pos for example /pos 1114, 1242, 7 i have a map in there and i cant see anything weird that could cause anything like that, it doesnt happen if i tp to other places, what i noticed if i tp to six floor but same x,y it still gives exceeding packet limit
1690390542049.png

Altering the maxPacketsPerSecond value in config.lua will likely be the solution, but i'd be interested to know what you currently have it set to that it is causing the disconnect.
I typically stick to a value of 100.

Altering the maxPacketsPerSecond value in config.lua will likely be the solution, but i'd be interested to know what you currently have it set to that it is causing the disconnect.
I typically stick to a value of 100.
Default is 25 in TFS.

I changed my server to 100 too and players rarely have issues.

Hello,
have super weird issue where i get kicked out of the game when i tp with admin to exact pos for example /pos 1114, 1242, 7 i have a map in there and i cant see anything weird that could cause anything like that, it doesnt happen if i tp to other places, what i noticed if i tp to six floor but same x,y it still gives exceeding packet limit
View attachment 77011
What is it supposed to have in that exact position?
Maybe some Tile with an onStepIn/onStepOut/Teleport/ect event?

I assume you use OTClient right?

You have to give more information, if you want a fast and exact answer

That's weird tho. Why would the server kick the client for sending basically 1 text message (the /i command)? These packet limits are for when the client tries to send too much data too often to the server, not server to the client.

maxPacketsPerSecond is set to 50, there is no onStepIn/onStepOut/Teleport on that tile its simple room with tiles and walls and 19 creatures and thats it. I mean yea i could increase maxpacket but i heard it hits trough performance a lot. And yes its otclient

Is this happening only at that specific location, or when teleporting to any location?

Assuming you haven't made a bunch of weird changes to your TFS source, it would seem that your client, for some reason, is blasting the server with packets when you teleport (to that location, or to any location - the answer to that might give some extra clues).
I'd suggest reviewing whatever custom changes you have made to the client.
Assuming you're using OTCv8, I'd also go ahead and disable the extendedopcode feature as an initial debugging step, just in case some custom module is abusing it.

Is this happening only at that specific location, or when teleporting to any location?

Assuming you haven't made a bunch of weird changes to your TFS source, it would seem that your client, for some reason, is blasting the server with packets when you teleport (to that location, or to any location - the answer to that might give some extra clues).
Assuming you're using OTCv8, I'd also go ahead and disable the extendedopcode feature as an initial debugging step, just in case some custom module is abusing it.
very specific situation, but not impossible:
using actionbar + hotkey attached doesnt have delay, so, it spams real fast..
are u using this command like this, @Tbol?

Yes only on specific location, well it was happening before so really doubt its any custom code issue, since that place doesnt have anything coded like i mentioned it just has 19 creatures and next stuff is just tiles and walls, so its really weird why that exact place would cause such problem even tho doesnt happen to other places

I'd recommend trying with a real tibia client or an unedited (or edited the least possible) otclient to see if you still get the issue. As described by others above, this is happening because the client is sending too many packets to the server too quickly.
You don't happen to be running lots of clients connected to the same server do you?

I'd recommend trying with a real tibia client or an unedited (or edited the least possible) otclient to see if you still get the issue. As described by others above, this is happening because the client is sending too many packets to the server too quickly.
You don't happen to be running lots of clients connected to the same server do you?
Nop just one

Try either debug network packets on server/client side or use Wireshark to analyze traffic with Tibia protocol filter:

1690489663909.png

Back