• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFS 1.3] barbarian test quest

ivvanek

Reaction score
Hello,

I am stuck at 2 mission when you have to fill up the horn from the bucket.
In the map editor i have set on the bucket actionid=3110 because of the first mission i have actionid=3110:
XML:
<!-- Barbarian Test Quest -->
    <action fromid="7174" toid="7176" script="quests/barbarian test/horn.lua" />
    <action fromid="7140" toid="7141" script="quests/barbarian test/horn.lua" />
    <action actionid="3110" script="quests/barbarian test/mead.lua" />

mead.lua:
Lua:
function onUse(player, item, fromPosition, target, toPosition, isHotkey)
    if player:getStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.Questline) == 2 and player:getStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.MeadTotalSips) <= 20 then
        if math.random(5) > 1 then
            player:say('The world seems to spin but you manage to stay on your feet.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.MeadSuccessSips, player:getStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.MeadSuccessSips) + 1)
            if player:getStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.MeadSuccessSips) == 9 then -- 9 sips here cause local player at start
                player:say('10 sips in a row. Yeah!', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
                player:setStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.Questline, 3)
                player:setStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.Mission01, 3) -- Questlog Barbarian Test Quest Barbarian Test 1: Barbarian Booze
                return true
            end
        else
            player:say('The mead was too strong. You passed out for a moment.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.MeadSuccessSips, 0)
        end
        player:setStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.MeadTotalSips, player:getStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.MeadTotalSips) + 1)
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.MeadTotalSips) > 20 then
        player:say('Ask Sven for another round.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
        player:setStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.Questline, 1)
        player:setStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.Mission01, 1) -- Questlog Barbarian Test Quest Barbarian Test 1: Barbarian Booze
    elseif player:getStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.Questline) >= 3 then
        player:say('You already passed the test, no need to torture yourself anymore.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
    end
    return true
end

horn.lua
Lua:
local function sendSleepEffect(position)
    position:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_SLEEP)
end

function onUse(player, item, fromPosition, target, toPosition, isHotkey)
    if target.uid == 3110 and item.itemid == 7140 then
        player:say('You fill your horn with ale.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
        item:transform(7141)
        toPosition:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_MAGIC_BLUE)
    elseif target.itemid == 7174 and item.itemid == 7141 then
        player:say('The bear is now unconcious.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
        item:transform(7140)
        target:transform(7175)
        toPosition:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_STUN)
    elseif item.itemid == 7175 then
        if player:getStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.Questline) == 4 then
            player:say('You hug the unconcious bear.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.Questline, 5)
            player:setStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.Mission02, 2) -- Questlog Barbarian Test Quest Barbarian Test 2: The Bear Hugging
            player:addAchievement('Bearhugger')
            item:transform(7174)
            toPosition:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_SLEEP)
        else
            player:say('You don\'t feel like hugging an unconcious bear.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
        end
    elseif item.itemid == 7174 then
        player:say('Grr.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
        player:say('The bear is not amused by the disturbance.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
        doAreaCombatHealth(player, COMBAT_PHYSICALDAMAGE, player:getPosition(), 0, -10, -30, CONST_ME_POFF)
    elseif item.itemid == 7176 then
        if player:getStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.Questline) == 6 then
            if player:getCondition(CONDITION_DRUNK) then
                player:say('You hustle the mammoth. What a fun. *hicks*.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
                player:setStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.Questline, 7)
                player:setStorageValue(Storage.BarbarianTest.Mission03, 2) -- Questlog Barbarian Test Quest Barbarian Test 3: The Mammoth Pushing
                item:transform(7177)
                item:decay()
                addEvent(sendSleepEffect, 60 * 1000, toPosition)
                toPosition:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_SLEEP)
            else
                player:say('You are not drunk enought to hustle a mammoth.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
            end
        end
    end
    return true
end

Which actionid i have to put in the editor on the bear and on the mamooth if i have this script? (please look at my actions.xml)
XML:
<action fromid="7174" toid="7176" script="quests/barbarian test/horn.lua" />
<action fromid="7140" toid="7141" script="quests/barbarian test/horn.lua" />
Do not understand that range.

Last edited:
Solution
E
also note that the horn script is checking for unique id (if target.uid == 3110) and not action id
you don't have to put any actionid just put the mammoth and the bear on the map and use the horn on them.

Back