• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ TFS 1.3 Cast System

Itutorial

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello again everyone.

I am working on a cast system for TFS 1.3 and I will keep it updated with TFS. Credits to dj and slavi for the original code.

I need help from you guys to help me figure out what needs to be added/changed in the code to make it worthy of being merged with TFS.

If you could post here or on github I would appreciate it greatly. Mods please move this to the correct forum if this is not the right place.

gigastar/TFS-CastSystem (https://github.com/gigastar/TFS-CastSystem)

Why would this be merged with TFS? It's a custom feature, not related to Cipsoft Tibia in any way.
Who cares about cipsoft tibia at all haha we are not even using their client at all.
Woule be good if it gets merged so otlane could avoid many question like how to add cast System ( my opinion )

Who cares about cipsoft tibia at all haha we are not even using their client at all.
Woule be good if it gets merged so otlane could avoid many question like how to add cast System ( my opinion )
I get that cast system is something people would use. What I meant is that this will add more code to maintain and this code is not necessary at all for OTS to work as intended. We already have only few people working on TFS, throwing more work (unnecessary) is not smart. This also means that whoever will want to start their server using newest TFS, they might be forced to spend more time removing custom features that they don't want (even if cast system was used by 80%, there are still 20% of people that would be against it).
I'm not against creating this feature, why would I, just make it optional and available to download as any other script or code posted here.

this has been tried several times already, sadly nobody has made it go any further:

Live casting system by slavidodo · Pull Request #2230 · otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/pull/2230) (most recent and complete one I suppose, RIP slavi)

there is even an open bounty of 205USD that I think is still available:

now my opinion (not the staff opinion, right SWJs?):
the cast system used to be a hype a few years ago, yes, it was something new and different, but currently I see almost no use of this (specially after live streams became a thing), because I think people prefer to play the game instead to watch anyone else playing (a cast would make a huge success in cipsoft tibia btw, yes they told they are going to be implementing it in the future when tibiacast ended), so resuming, unless the ot is custom AF or there is something worth that people would like to see and not to play... idk

I'm still divided about this, but I think it would be an attractive for people to migrate to TFS 1.x

Hello again everyone.

I am working on a cast system for TFS 1.3 and I will keep it updated with TFS. Credits to dj and slavi for the original code.

I need help from you guys to help me figure out what needs to be added/changed in the code to make it worthy of being merged with TFS.

If you could post here or on github I would appreciate it greatly. Mods please move this to the correct forum if this is not the right place.

gigastar/TFS-CastSystem (https://github.com/gigastar/TFS-CastSystem)
where is this repository ? would like to view commits in order to add it to my server

Back