• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFS 1.3] Postman quest, crowbar on mailbox not working

ivvanek

Reaction score
Dear OTLanders,

Where i have to find the way to fix action to use crowbar on mailbox in Folda.

Kevin.lua

storages.lua

actions.lua

In mapeditor mailbox has 2155 uniqueid
Where to find the solution?

Solution
I have added in crowbar.lua
Code:
local key = 12451
function onUse(player, item, fromPosition, target, toPosition, isHotkey)
   if target.uid == 10168 and player:getStorageValue(key) < 0 then
     player:setStorageValue(key, 1)
     player:say('Success.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
   elseif target.uid == 10168 and player:getStorageValue(key) == 1 then
     player:say('Already done.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
   else
     player:say('Failure.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
   end
   return true
end

and it works but not getting the corrected storage value (i think) and do not update my questlog, when i return to kevin and say "mission" he dont answer me, so quest is not solved yet.

anyone can look a bit more with my code and tell give me...
Hm, if I'm not mistaken, unid = 2155 isn't in these files. Do you have your crowbar ID somewhere in the action.xml file?

@Edit
Maybe this topic help you:

Last edited:
Hm, if I'm not mistaken, unid = 2155 isn't in these files. Do you have your crowbar ID somewhere in the action.xml file?

@Edit
Maybe this topic help you:

action.xml
Code:
<action itemid="2416" script="tools/crowbar.lua" />

crowbar.lua
Code:
    return onUseCrowbar(player, item, fromPosition, target, toPosition, isHotkey)
end

Last edited:
Code:
local key = 12451
   else
   end
   return true
end

and it works but not getting the corrected storage value (i think) and do not update my questlog, when i return to kevin and say "mission" he dont answer me, so quest is not solved yet.

anyone can look a bit more with my code and tell give me the target.
below is my quests.xml
Code:
<quest name="The Postman Missions" startstorageid="12450" startstoragevalue="1">
        <mission name="Mission 1 - Check Postal Routes" storageid="12450" startvalue="1" endvalue="6">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to travel with Captain Bluebear to Carlin." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="Kevin wants you to travel with Uzon in Femor Hills to Edron." />
            <missionstate id="3" description="Kevin wants you to travel with Captain Seahorse to Venore." />
            <missionstate id="4" description="Kevin wants you to travel with Brodrosch to Cormaya" />
            <missionstate id="5" description="You have checked the Postal Routes, report back to Kevin!" />
            <missionstate id="6" description="You have reported back that you have completed the mission." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 2 - Fix Mailbox" storageid="12451" startvalue="1" endvalue="3">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to fix one of their Mailboxes located on Folda with a crowbar." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have fixed the mailbox, report back to Kevin!" />
            <missionstate id="3" description="You have reported back that you have completed the mission." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 3 - Bill Delivery" storageid="12452" startvalue="1" endvalue="3">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to deliver a bill to the stage magician David Brassacres. He's hiding from his creditors somewhere in Venore." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have delivered the bill to the stage magician David Brassacres, report back to Kevin!" />
            <missionstate id="3" description="You have reported back that you have completed the mission." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 4 - Aggressive Dogs" storageid="12453" startvalue="1" endvalue="2">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin has asked you to deliver 20 Bones to him." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have delivered 20 Bones to Kevin." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 5 - Present Delivery" storageid="12454" startvalue="1" endvalue="4">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin has asked you to retrieve the present behind the door on the lower right side of his room and deliver it to Dermot in Fibula." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="Deliver the present to Dermot in Fibula." />
            <missionstate id="3" description="You have delivered the present to Dermot, report back to Kevin!" />
            <missionstate id="4" description="You have reported back that you have completed the mission." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 6 - New Uniforms" storageid="12455" startvalue="1" endvalue="13">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin has asked you to travel to Venore and negotiate with Hugo for new uniforms." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="Hugo said that his dog ate the last dress pattern they used and he has no clue where Kevin Postner got it from, go ask Kevin." />
            <missionstate id="3" description="Kevin wants you to ask the great Technomancer Talphion in Kazordoon for the technical details." />
            <missionstate id="4" description="Talphion will send a copy to Kevin, report back to Kevin." />
            <missionstate id="5" description="Kevin wants you tk ask Queen Eloise of Carlin for the perfect colours." />
            <missionstate id="6" description="Queen Eloise said she will send some color samples via mail to Kevin, report back to Kevin." />
            <missionstate id="7" description="Kevin has asked you to go to Noodles and find out what he dislikes the most: mouldy cheese, a piece of fur or a banana skin." />
            <missionstate id="8" description="Noodles seems to like banana skin, check if he likes dirty fur." />
            <missionstate id="9" description="Noodles seems to like dirty fur, check if he likes mouldy cheese." />
            <missionstate id="10" description="Noodles dislikes mouldy cheese! Report back to Kevin." />
            <missionstate id="11" description="Kevin wants you to tell Hugo that they order those uniforms." />
            <missionstate id="12" description="Hugo has agreed to make the uniforms, report back to Kevin!" />
            <missionstate id="13" description="You have reported back that you have completed the mission." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 7 - Measurements" storageid="12456" startvalue="1" endvalue="8">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to bring him the measurements of Ben, Lokur, Dove, Liane, Chrystal and Olrik." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have received the measurements from 1 of 6 postofficers." />
            <missionstate id="3" description="You have received the measurements from 2 of 6 postofficers." />
            <missionstate id="4" description="You have received the measurements from 3 of 6 postofficers." />
            <missionstate id="5" description="You have received the measurements from 4 of 6 postofficers." />
            <missionstate id="6" description="You have received the measurements from 5 of 6 postofficers." />
            <missionstate id="7" description="You have received all measurements, report back to Kevin!" />
            <missionstate id="8" description="You have reported back that you have completed the mission." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 8 - Missing Courier" storageid="12457" startvalue="1" endvalue="3">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to find the missing courier Waldo or at least his posthorn." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have found Waldos posthorn." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 9 - Dear Santa" storageid="12458" startvalue="1" endvalue="4">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to deliver som letters to Santa Claus on Vega." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have retrieved the letters, deliver them to Santa Claus on Vega." />
            <missionstate id="3" description="You have delivered the letters to Santa Claus on Vega." />
            <missionstate id="4" description="You have reported back that you have completed the mission." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 10 - Mintwallin" storageid="12459" startvalue="1" endvalue="3">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to deliver a letter  to Markwin, king of Mintwallin from his mother." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have delivered the letter to Markwin." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Postman Rank" storageid="12460" startvalue="1" endvalue="5">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Assistant Postman" />
            <missionstate id="2" description="Postman" />
            <missionstate id="3" description="Grand Postman" />
            <missionstate id="4" description="Grand Postman for Special Operations" />
            <missionstate id="5" description="Arch Postman" />
        </mission>
    </quest>

Code:
local key = 12451
   else
   end
   return true
end

anyone can look a bit more with my code and tell give me the target.
below is my quests.xml
Code:
<quest name="The Postman Missions" startstorageid="12450" startstoragevalue="1">
        <mission name="Mission 1 - Check Postal Routes" storageid="12450" startvalue="1" endvalue="6">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to travel with Captain Bluebear to Carlin." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="Kevin wants you to travel with Uzon in Femor Hills to Edron." />
            <missionstate id="3" description="Kevin wants you to travel with Captain Seahorse to Venore." />
            <missionstate id="4" description="Kevin wants you to travel with Brodrosch to Cormaya" />
            <missionstate id="5" description="You have checked the Postal Routes, report back to Kevin!" />
            <missionstate id="6" description="You have reported back that you have completed the mission." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 2 - Fix Mailbox" storageid="12451" startvalue="1" endvalue="3">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to fix one of their Mailboxes located on Folda with a crowbar." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have fixed the mailbox, report back to Kevin!" />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 3 - Bill Delivery" storageid="12452" startvalue="1" endvalue="3">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to deliver a bill to the stage magician David Brassacres. He's hiding from his creditors somewhere in Venore." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have delivered the bill to the stage magician David Brassacres, report back to Kevin!" />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 4 - Aggressive Dogs" storageid="12453" startvalue="1" endvalue="2">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin has asked you to deliver 20 Bones to him." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have delivered 20 Bones to Kevin." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 5 - Present Delivery" storageid="12454" startvalue="1" endvalue="4">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin has asked you to retrieve the present behind the door on the lower right side of his room and deliver it to Dermot in Fibula." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="Deliver the present to Dermot in Fibula." />
            <missionstate id="3" description="You have delivered the present to Dermot, report back to Kevin!" />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 6 - New Uniforms" storageid="12455" startvalue="1" endvalue="13">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin has asked you to travel to Venore and negotiate with Hugo for new uniforms." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="Hugo said that his dog ate the last dress pattern they used and he has no clue where Kevin Postner got it from, go ask Kevin." />
            <missionstate id="3" description="Kevin wants you to ask the great Technomancer Talphion in Kazordoon for the technical details." />
            <missionstate id="4" description="Talphion will send a copy to Kevin, report back to Kevin." />
            <missionstate id="5" description="Kevin wants you tk ask Queen Eloise of Carlin for the perfect colours." />
            <missionstate id="6" description="Queen Eloise said she will send some color samples via mail to Kevin, report back to Kevin." />
            <missionstate id="7" description="Kevin has asked you to go to Noodles and find out what he dislikes the most: mouldy cheese, a piece of fur or a banana skin." />
            <missionstate id="8" description="Noodles seems to like banana skin, check if he likes dirty fur." />
            <missionstate id="9" description="Noodles seems to like dirty fur, check if he likes mouldy cheese." />
            <missionstate id="10" description="Noodles dislikes mouldy cheese! Report back to Kevin." />
            <missionstate id="11" description="Kevin wants you to tell Hugo that they order those uniforms." />
            <missionstate id="12" description="Hugo has agreed to make the uniforms, report back to Kevin!" />
            <missionstate id="13" description="You have reported back that you have completed the mission." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 7 - Measurements" storageid="12456" startvalue="1" endvalue="8">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to bring him the measurements of Ben, Lokur, Dove, Liane, Chrystal and Olrik." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have received the measurements from 1 of 6 postofficers." />
            <missionstate id="3" description="You have received the measurements from 2 of 6 postofficers." />
            <missionstate id="4" description="You have received the measurements from 3 of 6 postofficers." />
            <missionstate id="5" description="You have received the measurements from 4 of 6 postofficers." />
            <missionstate id="6" description="You have received the measurements from 5 of 6 postofficers." />
            <missionstate id="7" description="You have received all measurements, report back to Kevin!" />
            <missionstate id="8" description="You have reported back that you have completed the mission." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 8 - Missing Courier" storageid="12457" startvalue="1" endvalue="3">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to find the missing courier Waldo or at least his posthorn." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have found Waldos posthorn." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 9 - Dear Santa" storageid="12458" startvalue="1" endvalue="4">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to deliver som letters to Santa Claus on Vega." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have retrieved the letters, deliver them to Santa Claus on Vega." />
            <missionstate id="3" description="You have delivered the letters to Santa Claus on Vega." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Mission 10 - Mintwallin" storageid="12459" startvalue="1" endvalue="3">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Kevin wants you to deliver a letter  to Markwin, king of Mintwallin from his mother." />
            <missionstate id="2" description="You have delivered the letter to Markwin." />
        </mission>
        <mission name="Postman Rank" storageid="12460" startvalue="1" endvalue="5">
            <missionstate id="1" description="Assistant Postman" />
            <missionstate id="2" description="Postman" />
            <missionstate id="3" description="Grand Postman" />
            <missionstate id="4" description="Grand Postman for Special Operations" />
            <missionstate id="5" description="Arch Postman" />
        </mission>
    </quest>
Lua:
local key = 12451
    if target.uid == 10168 and player:getStorageValue(key) == 1 then
        player:setStorageValue(key, 2)
    elseif target.uid == 10168 and player:getStorageValue(key) == 2 then
    --else
        --player:say('Failure.', TALKTYPE_MONSTER_SAY)
    end
    return true
end
Note: In the real quest there are no words said at the mailbox, only green sparkles displayed.

Solution
Back